《绝望的主妇》精讲227(在线收听

JULIE: Hey, what's going on?

嗨,怎么了?

SUSAN: Sorry I'm late.

抱歉我来迟了。

GABRIELLE: Hi ,Susan!

嗨,Susan!

LYNETTE: Hey.

嘿!

MARY ALICE: So? What did Carl say when you confronted him?

嗨,那么,当你反对的时候,Carl怎么说?

SUSAN: You'll love this, he said it doesn't mean anything, it was just sex.

你会喜欢这个的,他说“这不代表什么,只是性。

BREE: Oh yes, page one of the philanderer's handbook.

哦是的,这是那些花花公子手册上第一页所写的。

SUSAN: Yeah, and then he got this Zen look on his face, and he said, you know Susan, most men live lives of quiet desperation.

是的,然后他摆出一脸无辜的表情,说:“你知道的,Susan,大部分男人都在平静的绝望中过着他们的生活。”

LYNETTE: Please tell me you punched him.

请告诉我说你踹了他。

SUSAN: No, I said, really? And what do most women lead, lives of noisy fulfillment?

没有,我说,“是么,那么大部分女人每天所过的吵吵闹闹的日子又是什么呢?”

GABRIELLE: Hmm.

嗯。

MARY ALICE: Good for you.

嗯,说得好。

SUSAN: I mean, of all people, did he have to bang his secretary? I had that woman over for brunch

我不明白,那么多人,干嘛和他的秘书搞在一起?大概她的早餐做得比我好。

GABRIELLE: It's like my grandmother always said, an erect penis doesn't have a conscience.

就像我祖母说的男人勃起的时候毫无道德可言。

LYNETTE: Even the limp ones aren't that ethical

就算没勃起的时候也是没什么道德的。

BREE: This is half the reason I joined the NRA. Well, when Rex started going to those medical conferences, I wanted at the back of his mind that he had a loving wife at home, with a loaded Smith and Wesson.

这是半个我加入NRA的原因。嗯,当Rex开始参加这些医学会议时,我希望他记得还有个爱他的妻子在家里等他,还有一群孩子。

MARY ALICE: Lynnie? Tom's always away on business. Do you ever worry he might..?

Lynnie,Tom总是在外面公干,难道你不担心么?

LYNETTE: Oh, please, the man's gotten me pregnant three times in four years. I wish he was having sex with someone else.

哦,拜托,这个男人让我在4年内怀了3次孕。我希望他去和别人做爱。

BREE: So Susan, is he going to stop seeing that woman?

那么, Susan,他决定不再见那个女人了么?

SUSAN: I don't know. I'm sorry you guys, I just... I just don't know how I'm going to survive this.

我不知道。我很抱歉,我只是……我只是不知道该如何渡过这一切。

MARY ALICE: Listen to me. We all have moments of desperation. But if we can face them head on, that's how we find out just how strong we really are.

听我说,我们都有过绝望的时候。但是当我们勇于面对这些并继续前进, 我们就会发现自己是多么坚强。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/jwdzfjj/522035.html