《绝望的主妇》精讲233(在线收听

LYNETTE: Years! Uh, how are you, how's the firm?

是的,你现在怎样?公司怎样?

SHOPPER: Good, everyone misses you.

很好,大家都很想念你。

LYNETTE: Yeah.

是的。

SHOPPER: We all say, if you hadn't quit, you'd be running the place by now.

我们总说如果你没有辞职,现在一定是你管理大家。

LYNETTE: Yeah, well.

是啊,呃……

SHOPPER: So… how's domestic life? Don't you just love being a mom?

那么……家居生活如何呢?是不是很爱做妈妈的感觉?

NARRATOR: And there it was the question that Lynette always dreaded.

这就是 Lynette最害怕的问题。

LYNETTE: Well, to be honest...

呃,老实说……

NARRATOR: To those who asked it, only one answer was acceptable. So, Lynette responded as she always did she lied.

对于这些提问的人,只有一个答案是令人满意的,所以Lynette就像往常一样回答了这个问题,她撒了个谎。

LYNETTE: It's the best job I've ever had.

这是我做过的最棒的工作。

JOHN: You know what I don't get?

你知道什么是我没有得到的么?

GABRIELLE: What?

什么?

JOHN: Why you married Mr. Solis.

你为什么会嫁给Solis先生。

GABRIELLE: Well, he promised to give me everything I've ever wanted.

呃…… 他承诺说给我所有想要的东西。

JOHN: Well, did he?

他做到了么?

GABRIELLE: Yes.

是啊。

JOHN: Then... why aren't you happy?

那么你为什么不开心?

GABRIELLE: Turns out I wanted all the wrong things.

看起来我似乎要错了。

JOHN: So. Do you love him?

那么你爱他么?

GABRIELLE: I do.

当然。

JOHN: Well, then, why are we here? Why are we doing this?

那么,我们在这里干嘛?为什么我们要这么做?

GABRIELLE: Because I don't wanna wake up some morning with a sudden urge to blow my brains out.

因为我不想某天早上醒来的时候,会突然想要捶打自己的头。

JOHN: Hey, can I have a drag?

嗨,我能要一根么?

GABRIELLE: Absolutely not. You are much too young to smoke.

当然不。你太年轻了,不适合抽烟。

SUSAN: How would you feel about me using your child support payments for plastic surgery?

我用给你留的钱来做整形手术,你会怎么想?

JULIE: Stop being so nervous, you're just asking him out to dinner. It's no big deal.

别这么紧张,你不过请他吃晚餐. 这不是什么大事。

SUSAN: You're right. So, is that your project for school? You know in 5th grade I made the white house out of sugar cubes.

说得对。这是你学校的作业?你知道的,我5年纪的时候,用方糖做了一个白房子。

JULIE: Stop stalling and go. Before Mike figures out he can do better.

别拖拖拉拉的,走吧。在mike发现他能找到更好的之前。

SUSAN: Tell me again why I fought for custody of you?

再说一次我为什么要这么做。

JULIE: You were using me to hurt Dad.

你在利用我打击爸爸。

SUSAN: Oh, that's right.

噢,没错!

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/jwdzfjj/522350.html