《绝望的主妇》精讲268(在线收听

So he just blew you off?

他让你失望了?

I told him another man asked me out,

我告诉他有人约我出去,

it was the perfect opportunity for Mike to be jealous. And nothing.

希望Mike嫉妒可他什么也没说。

Well, did you bat your eyes? You know, it doesn’t work if you don’t bat your eyes.

你看他的眼睛了吗?你要好好看他的眼睛。

Honey, I batted everything that wasn’t nailed down. I’m telling you …nothing.

我仔细看了好久,但什么也没发生

Oh thanks.

哦,谢谢。

So what’s going on there?

那儿怎么了?

Um….gophers.

恩地鼠

Wow.

哇呜。

Listen, I’m sorry about Mike. I know how much you like him.

Mike的事真让我难过你有多喜欢他?

Aw, maybe it’s my fault.

这是我的错。

Maybe I just imagined an entire relationship with this man that didn’t exist.

也许只是想像我和这个男人根本不存在什么关系。

There has been flirting.

男人总爱和别人调情。

Yes, and the flirting made me think that he was kind and trustworthy and honest…and hygienic.

我看见了调情让我觉得他很友善,值得信任,诚实。

That’s how it is with me.

这已经发生过了。

A guy just smiles at me three times and I’m picking out wedding china. I’m a mess.

他对我笑了三次,我们去挑选结婚用品,我简直一团糟。

But to be fair, that is part of your charm.

但公平的说,这是你选择。

That’s what happened with Carl. I only dated him a couple of months.

我选择了Carol,我们约会了几个月。

I filled in the blanks; I married him. It was a disaster!

我填补了空缺,然后就结婚了。这简直是一场灾难。

You think Mike is a Carl in disguise?

你认为Mike是像Carl那样的男人吗?

I don’t know. What does that mean anyway? “My life is complicated”?

我不知道究竟什么叫“我的生活很复杂”。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/jwdzfjj/522385.html