《绝望的主妇》精讲271(在线收听

I married Diego Solis when I was 16 years old.

我16岁时就嫁给了Solis。

A few months into our marriage he started to beat me.

婚后几个月后他就开始打我。

I was so young and stupid I didn’t know what to do.

那时候我很年轻,不知道该怎么做才好。

Juanita I had no idea.

我也不知道该怎么做。

It got so bad that I started praying to god to let me die.

他变得太坏,我甚至乞求上帝让我去死。

But god in his infinite wisdom gave me a reason to live.

但是上帝给我一个活下去的理由。

Carlos.

Carlos!

Ay, he was a beautiful baby. But my husband wasn’t much of a father.

啊,他是个非常可爱的孩子,我的丈夫根本不配做父亲。

He never held him. He would yell and scream at him for no reason at all.

他从来不抱他,他毫无理由的对他大喊大叫。

One night, when Carlos was four, Diego Solis came home…drunk. And he beat my Carlos.

当Carlos 四岁时的一个晚上Solis醉醺醺的回到家他狠狠的揍Carlos。

Something inside me snapped, and at that moment I found a way to be strong.

我体内的某种东西突然爆发了,我一下子找到了一种让自己强大的方法。

So I made sure that Diego Solis would never hurt my son or me ever again.

我找到一种方法让Solis再也不敢碰我和Carlos了。

What did you do?

你怎么做到的?

Well, if you pray hard enough, god gives you the tools to your salvation.

如果你有颗勇敢的心上帝会给你解决的方法。

Carlos said that his father left for a waitress in El Passo.

Carlos说他爸爸和那个女招待一起跑了。

That’s what he was told. Mothers know they have to protect their children.

嗯哼,我是这样告诉他的,所有的妈妈都知道怎么去保护孩子。

But some of us take our job more seriously than others.

但有些人比其它人更认真。

I don’t know why you’re telling me this.

我不知道你为什么告诉我这些?

I think you do.

我认为你知道。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/jwdzfjj/522388.html