趣味英语第36期:怎么让前任嫉妒(在线收听

Amaya Slack asks...

阿弥亚·斯拉克问道:

"How do I make my ex jealous?" (snickers)

“怎么让前任嫉妒?”(窃笑)

(disapprovingly) Oh no.

(不以为然地)哦不。

You're not supposed to. That's just mean.

你不应该这样做。这样太刻薄了。

You don't. (chuckles) You get over your ex. That's why he's an ex.

你不能这样做。(咯咯的笑)你要忘掉你的前任。因为这样他才成为了前任。

Try and go on to somebody else. Don't try and make an ex jealous.

试着和其他人交往。不要试图让你的前任嫉妒。

By just doing you and not caring to make your ex jealous.

你可以通过毫无关心来让前任嫉妒。

Why not just be happy with what you had and go on to your next friend.

你为什么不能满足于你拥有的,去迎接下一段恋情呢。

I have to say by hanging out with someone else.

可以和其他人出去约会。

How do you mean him jealous? Go out with his best friend.

怎么让他嫉妒?和他最好的朋友出去玩。

I say like, date another person who's like, 10 times hotter than your ex.

和比前任性感十倍的人约会。

Squats. Don't cry over him. Make him cry over the booty that he lost.

蹲起。不要为他哭泣。要让他为他失去的性感尤物哭泣。

Get your side boo and make it your main boo. And after you make it to your main boo, your ex-boo about to be jealous 'cause you got a new main boo and he ain't your side boo no more.

找个新男友,让那个人成为你最爱的人。这样你的前任就会感到嫉妒,因为你有了新男友,而他不再是你爱的人了。

Shanoners asks...

Shanoners问道:

"If given the opportunity, should I become a Super Soldier like Cap?"

“如果有机会,我应该成为像美国队长那样的超级战士吗?”

Don't know if I can advise you, 'cause I don't know who Cap is.

我不知道能不能给你建议,因为我不知道美国队长是谁。

That's such a hard question. I just saw these movies.

这是一个很难回答的问题。我刚刚看过电影。

This is Captain America. I actually have not seen the Captain America movies.

你说的是美国队长吧。不过我还没看过美国队长的电影呢。

You can act like it. That's a good suggestion.

你可以表现得像他。这是个不错的建议。

I don't know how you're gonna do this, but you can pretend you're a superhero. But superheroes aren't real.

我不知道你要怎么做,不过你可以假装你是超级英雄。不过超级英雄不是真实存在的。

You should, I mean, if it's your dream you want to follow. But no one really has superpowers. Sorry to break it to ya.

应该,如果这是你的梦想,你想追寻这个梦想的话。不过没有人有超能力。我很抱歉破坏你的美梦。

You should become anything you desire.

你应该成为你想成为的那个人。

Anything you think you can do, you can do.

你可以做任何你想做的事,任何事都可以。

I know a lot about Captain America, and it's not as easy as you think it is. You got the Super Soldier formula. But he also has to be basically the savior of the world. So I would say no.

我很了解美国队长,不过那并不像你想的那样简单。你要有超级战士的程式。不过他也要成为救世主。所以我的回答是不应该。

Yes, you should, because you can be helping our world become a better place.

应该,因为你可以把我们所在的世界变得更美好。

Hell yeah. Why wouldn't you want to have superpowers? Like, that's the sickest thing ever.

当然!你为什么不想拥有超能力呢?这是最糟糕的。

Assuming this is for real and you can actually be Captain America, I'll do it. Why not?

假设这是真的,你可以成为美国队长。那我会做的,为什么不呢?

If it's in your DNA and you feel that it's in your blood and you gotta do it, you gotta do it.

如果你有这个DNA,你血液里有这个基因,那你就要做,你应该去做。

If you do have the opportunity, yes. It's 'cause you're gonna be a Super Soldier. Like, that's amazing.

如果你有机会,当然应该了。因为你会成为超级战士的。这太不可思议了。

Natalie West wants to know...

娜塔莉·韦斯特想知道:

"How do I get away from my mom when she is embarrassing me?"

“我妈妈让我难堪时我怎么摆脱她?”

It's just part of life. You'll do it to your children.

这就是生活的一部分。你也会让你的孩子有这种感觉的。

You can't get rid of them. It's impossible.

你不能摆脱他们。这是不可能的。

Ignore it and live with it.

忽略那个,忍受下去。

That's a difficult question, 'cause you're kinda stuck with her. Grin and bear it is all I can think of.

这是一个很难的问题,因为你无法摆脱她。我能想到的方法只有忍气吞声了。

Embarrass her.

也让她难堪。

I'm usually the one embarrassing my mom. Embarrass your mom more, and then she'll want to leave.

通常我会令我妈感到难堪。你可以让你的妈妈更难堪,这样她就会离开了。

Walk away. Say you have to use the bathroom.

走开。你可以说你要去卫生间。

Say, "Mom, I have to go to the bathroom. I'll be out soon," but you don't come out soon.

你就说:“妈妈,我要去上卫生间。我很快就回来。”当然你不会很快回来的。

Stand up, put two feet in front of the other, and walk away.

站起来,两只脚一前一后站立,然后走开。

Walk away. Like, just forget it even happened, 'cause it's gonna happen no matter what.

走开。忘了刚才发生的事,因为那种情况总会发生的。

Why are you taking your mom with you when you're going places so she can embarrass you? Maybe you should just leave your mom at home.

你出去玩的时候为什么要带着你妈妈?这样她就有机会令你难堪了。也许你应该把你妈妈留在家里。

I think what you could probably do is a distraction. Go, "Wow! What's that? Um, insert old band here," and then, like, run.

我想你可以做的就是分散注意力。你可以说:“哇,那是什么?嗯,有个老乐队。”然后你就可以跑开了。

Do it in a way that doesn't further embarrass you. 'Cause, I mean, if your mom's embarrassing you and your getaway plan is also embarrassing, maybe don't do that.

用不会让你更难堪的方式来解决。因为如果你妈妈让你难堪,而你的摆脱计划更难堪的话,那你最好不要这么做。

That is so easy! Take her phone away. And then you just write a note on her nightstand. Say, "Stop bothering me, and I'll give you back your phone." (imitates explosion) Genius.

这非常简单!把她的手机拿走。然后你可以写张纸条放在她的床头柜上。你可以这样写:“你不再烦我的话,我就可以把你的手机还你。”(模仿爆炸的声音)天才。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/qwyy/522693.html