《绝望的主妇》精讲301(在线收听

Every morality play has its cast of characters. There is always an innocent victim...

每一出道德戏都有自己的角色设定总是有一个无辜的受害者

...a deceitful villain...

一个欺骗众人的坏蛋

...a magistrate that dispenses justice...

一个主持正义的地方法官

...and a lawyer who charges too much.

一个收费过高的律师

This morality play was being produced at the Fairview County Courthouse. Its themes were trust and betrayal.

这样一出道德戏正在Fairview地方法院内上演,戏的主题是信任和背叛

So, what’s your issue with bail in this case, Ms. McCready?

Mcready小姐,在本案中你对保释有何意见?

We want bail denied, your honor.

法官大人,控方希望不批准保释。

The defendant’s company imported goods manufactured by slave labor,

被告的公司进口的是经由奴役工人而生产的商品,

and his business partner, Mr. Tenaka, has already fled the country.

被告的生意伙伴田中先生已经潜逃出国。

And Mr. Solis, himself, has refused to surrender his passport.

而Solis先生不愿意上交他的护照。

Dog ate your client’s passport, Mr. Hartley?

Hartley先生,你客户的护照被狗吃了吗?

It’s been temporarily misplaced, your honor,

法官大人,护照放错地方了,暂时找不到,

but we maintain that Akisha Tenaka set up and executed the entire operation.

但我们认为是田中设计并操作了整件事。

Mr. Solis is no business partner, but merely a hired contractor.

Solis先生不是生意合伙人,而仅仅是一个雇员。

And I'd also like to point out that my client is the sole provider of his wife,

并且我想指出我的客户是他的妻子,

and his mother, who is hospitalized in a coma as we speak."

和他目前正昏迷住院的母亲经济收入的唯一来源。

Bring me the passport, and Mr. Solis can visit his mother.

把护照交给我,Solis就可以去探望他的母亲了。

Until then, your client is denied bail and remanded. What’s next?

但在此之前,你客户的保释请求被驳回并送还监禁下一个案子?

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/jwdzfjj/523081.html