《唐顿庄园》精讲89 把玛丽嫁出去吧(在线收听

It's not of my doing. It's all Mary's own work.

这事与我无关 全是玛丽自己在忙活

But I think we should encourage it.

不过我觉得我们应该鼓励她

Branksome's a dull dog, but I don't suppose that matters.

布兰克森这人不解风情 但这似乎不要紧

Did you know his wife had died?

你知道他妻子去世了吗

He only ever talks about racing.

他就知道谈论赛马

Cora is right.

柯拉是对的

Mary won't take Matthew Crawley,

玛丽不会接受马修·卡劳利

so we'd better get her settled

所以得赶快把她嫁出去

before the bloom is quite gone off the rose.

否则青春易逝 容颜易老

Is the family an old one?

这个家族有历史吗

Older than yours, I imagine.

我想比你家历史久远

Old enough.

挺古老的

And there's plenty of money.

而且家产颇丰

Oh, really? Hmm.

是吗 嗯

Mama, you've already looked him up in the stud books

母亲 你早就在纯血种马簿里查过他们

and made inquiries about the fortune, don't pretend otherwise.

打听过他们的家产了 不要装得毫不知情

Are you afraid someone will think you're American if you speak openly?

你是不是在担心 如果你表现得太坦诚 会被当成美国人

I doubt it'll come to that.

也不是不可能

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/tdzyjj/523295.html