《唐顿庄园》精讲94 我不想做下人(在线收听

Will you tell us why, preferably without any more cheek?

有话好好说 别这么没轻没重的

Because I want to leave service.

因为我不想做女仆了

I want to be a secretary.

我想当秘书

You want to leave service?

你不想当女仆了

What's wrong with being in service?

当女仆有什么不好

Nothing's wrong with it.

没什么不好

And there's nothing wrong with mending roads, neither,

修马路也没什么不好

but it's not what I want to do.

但我不想这样干下去

I should remind you that there are plenty of young girls

我得提醒你 有很多年轻姑娘

who will be glad of a position in this house.

对这里的工作求之不得呢

And when I hand in my notice I shall be happy

那不正好 等我一辞职

to think one of them will be taking my place.

自然有人顶替我的位置

What makes you think we'll wait till then?

你觉得自己还能待到那个时候吗

Are you hiring and sacking now, Miss O'Brien?

什么时候轮到你当家了 奥布瑞恩太太

I thought that lay with Mr Carson and Mrs Hughes.

我以为这事本该由卡森先生和休斯太太来定夺

Enough of this. I'm going to ring the dressing gong

都别吵了 我要去通知晚餐更衣了

and we'll have no more talk of this tonight.

今晚谁都不许再提此事

Can I have my machine back now?

我能把打字机拿回去了吗

Very well, but I wish I were sure you know what you're doing.

可以 但是我希望你好自为之

Daisy, what's happened to you?

黛西 你怎么回事

I said you could go for a drink of water,not a trip up the Nile.

我让你来喝点水 又不是让你去尼罗河

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/tdzyjj/523300.html