《唐顿庄园》精讲141 叔侄会晤秘语(在线收听

Elsie? It is Elsie, isn't it?

Elsie 我没认错吧

It is.

没有

Though there's very few left to call me that, Joe Burns.

很少有人这么叫我了 Joe Burns

Well, I'm flattered that I'm one of them.

还能这样叫你 真是倍感荣幸

Where's Thomas?

Thomas去哪了

I let the servants go down to the fair, my lord.

仆人们去集市了 老爷

I didn't know we'd have any visitors tonight.

我没想到今晚还有客人

Well, that's all right.

没事

They don't have much fun.

难得一乐

You should join them.

你也该去的

So... what did you say to Mama?

你都跟老夫人说了些什么

I haven't spoken to her since her visit but I have looked through every source and I can't find one reason on which to base a challenge.

上次见面后 还没跟她说上话 所有资料我都已过目 找不到任何漏

I could have told you that.

你直接来问我不就好了

I'm not quite sure how to phrase it when I tell her.

真不知该如何告诉她

She shouldn't have put you on the spot like that.

她不该让你为难

It was unkind.

这样不对

I'm afraid she'll think I've failed because I don't want to succeed.

我怕她会认为我没尽力

She will think that, but I don't. And nor will Cora.

她会的 但我不会 Cora也不会

Of course, it's impossible for Mary.

Mary也会那么想

She must resent me so bitterly.

她一定恨死我了

I don't blame her.

我不怪她

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/tdzyjj/523837.html