《唐顿庄园》精讲143 孤独的下人(在线收听

You shouldn't have eaten with us.

你不应与我们共餐

The chauffeur always eats in his own cottage.

司机都在车库里吃

Steady on. You can cut him a bit of slack on his second day.

算了 才第二天 别为难他

I'm waiting to take old Lady Grantham home.

我等着送老夫人回家

Even then, Taylor never ate with us.

即便如此 Taylor也从不同桌就餐

You're taking advantage of Mrs Hughes' absence.

趁Hughes夫人不在就胡来

What are you doing?

你在做甚

I'm sorting the collars.

分拣衣领

Removing the ones that have come to an end.

挑出用旧的衣领

What happens to his lordship's old clothes?

老爷的旧衣物去向何处

What's it to you? Clothes are a valet's perk, not a chauffeur's.

与你何干 衣物都归贴身男仆 绝非司机

I get some but mostly it goes into the missionary barrel.

部分给我 多半都捐给了教会

I know it's meant to be kind but I can think of better ways of helping the needy than sending stiff collars to the equator.

本意虽好 但除了送些硬领去非洲 还有别的济贫之道吧

I thought Anna might have come down for her dinner.

Anna怎么没下来用餐

And show she's ready to start work again? Not a chance.

好尽她本分 动手干活吗 不可能

Is she still in bed, then?

她仍卧病在床吗

She is.

是的

While I'm sat here sewing like a cursed princess in a fairy tale and not down at the fair with the others.

害我像纺金线的公主 没命地干活 眼睁睁看着别人去集会

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/tdzyjj/523839.html