趣味英语第84期:怎么让老天下雨(在线收听

El Chicharito wants to know...

埃尔·奇查利托想知道:

"How do I make it rain?"

“怎么让老天下雨?”

If I knew that, I would be the richest man in California.

如果我知道答案,我就是加利福尼亚州最富有的人了。

You cannot make it rain. It's just a thing that doesn't happen. People don't have those powers.

你不能让老天下雨。那是不可能发生的事情。人类没有那种能力。

That's impossible because we're in a drought right now. I tried to do the Indian rain dance, and it never worked.

那是不可能的,因为我们现在处于干旱状态。我试过跳印第安的求雨舞,不过从没起过作用。

Cross your fingers. That's what my friend did. She crossed her fingers for, like, an hour just sitting down at the porch like this.

把手指交叉祈福。我朋友就是这么做的。她把手指交叉,在门廊坐了1个小时。

Sprinklers are the best option to make it rain.

可以让老天下雨的最好方法就是用洒水车洒水。

Ask someone to put on the sprinklers in their front yard and then just run around.

让别人把前院的洒水车打开,然后四处转动。

Make a contraption that's like a giant thing over your house with water buckets so it looks like it's raining.

制造一个奇妙的装置,比如在房子上面造一个带吊桶的巨型装置,这样看上去就像在下雨了。

What type of rain are you talking about? The rain or the money rain? Get tons of $1 bills and just go like that. Ah... make it rain.

你指的是哪种雨?是雨水还是金钱雨?拿一大堆1美元的钞票出来,就可以下金钱雨了。

Get a whole bunch of ones and just toss it in the air. You're making it rain.

拿大量的1美元出来,然后把它们扔向空中。这样就下雨了。

Like this, man. Like this. It's all in the hand. It's all in the hand.

伙计,就像这样做。就这样做。一切都在你手中。都在你的手中。

Get those Benjamins or those Lincolns, whatever you want, and just go for it.

拿100美元或是5美元出来,无论你想拿多大面值都可以,放手去做吧。

You just go like that and then put money in it. If you don't have money, use pennies. I don't know. It's fine. No one will get hurt. I promise. It'll be great.

这样做,然后把钱放在里面。如果你没有纸钞,用硬币也可以。我也不清楚,应该可以。没有人会受伤的。我保证。那会很棒的。

Thanks for watching!

谢谢大家收看!

Subscribe! New shows every week!

订阅吧!每周都有新节目!

Want our advice? Comment your questions down below.

想得到我们的建议?在下面提出问题吧。

Bye!

再见!

Bye! Make it rain!

再见!下雨吧!

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/qwyy/524022.html