《绝望的主妇》精讲397(在线收听

Now which one is Rex's headstone? I always forget.

哪个是Rex的墓碑?我总是忘。

It's right down this row.

就在这排。

Oh. Oh, yes. That's right.

哦,哦是。对。

Over the years, Bree Van de Kamp had grown increasingly concerned over her mother-in-law's forgetfulness.

这些年来,Bree van de Kamp愈发担心她婆婆的记性。

Oh, honey, did I forget to take the pins out of that dress?

哦,甜心,我忘了把针拿下来了是么?

Her lapses had become more frequent...

她的健忘越来越频繁...

Sweetie, didn't I tell you I was gonna paint that chair?

宝贝儿,我没告诉你我要给椅子上漆么?

More glaring...

越来越严重...

Oh, dear. Didn't I mention I waxed the floor?

哦,亲爱的。我没说过我给地板打过蜡了么?

And more dangerous.

越来越危险。

Yes, Bree was worried about Phyllis' faulty memory, but she was more than happy to remind her, especially when itcame to the important things.

是的Bree担心Phyllis要命的记性,但她乐得提醒她,尤其是那些重要的事情。

So have you given any thought to when you might be ending your visit? What?

你有没有打算过要什么时候走呢?

Have I become a burden? Is that what you're saying?

怎么了,我住这烦扰到你了么?你是这个意思?

I was simply asking when you were planning to leave.

我就是随便问问你打算什么时候走。

There was no agenda behind the question.

我的问题什么目的都没有。

Oh. I, I don't know. Why don't we play it by ear?

哦。我..不知道。看情况再说吧!

Yes, let’s.

嗯,好吧。

What on earth?

这是什么啊?

Oh, my god. What happened?

天那。这是怎么啦?

It looks like someone dug Rex up.

看来好像有人把Rex挖出来了。

Well, I got that, but why? Why would they do that?

是啊我看出来了,但为什么啊?他们为什么要这样?

I don't know. Unless...

不知道。除非...

Unless what?

除非什么?

Maybe this has something to do withthat insurance investigator.

除非这跟那个保险调查员有关。

Insurance investigator?

保险调查员?

He came by asking all sorts of questions.

他上门来问了好多问题。

I don't know what you're talking about, Phyllis.

我不知道你在说什么,Phyllis。

Maybe you were at the store. Anyway, he was very suspicious.

你可能在商店呢。总之,他觉得事有蹊跷。

Suspicious?

蹊跷?

Oh, yes. He has a theory that Rex didn't die of a heart attack. He thinks he was poisoned.

嗯,是啊。他觉得Rex不是死于心脏病的。他认为他是被毒死的。

It was in that moment Bree could finally see the truth.

就在这一刻,Bree终于明白了。

Did I not mention that?

我又忘了说么?

Her mother-in-law's memory was fine. It was her soul that was faulty.

她婆婆的记性并没问题。要命的是她的心眼。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/jwdzfjj/524499.html