趣味英语第206期:两次蘸酱合适吗(在线收听

Michaela Stanton wants to know:

米凯拉·斯坦顿想知道:

"Is double-dipping an okay thing to do?"

“两次蘸酱合适吗?”

(chuckles) It depends on what you're double-dipping in.

(轻声地笑)这取决于你要两次蘸什么酱。

Double-saliving is what you're talking about. Double-mouthing.

你说的是两次沾唾液。两次将食物放进嘴里。

No! No.

不行!不要这样做。

It's really bad manners.

那真是非常糟糕的行为。

No. Just one dip. The whole thing in your mouth.

不要。只能蘸一次。然后全放进嘴里。

If you're with other people, it's disgusting.

如果你和其他人一起吃饭,那这会很恶心。

If you're double-dipping chips at a party where you don't know everybody, not an okay thing to do.

如果你在谁都不认识的派对上吃薯条时两次蘸酱,那并不合适。

It's okay to do it if that's your dip but if you're sharing it with someone, probably not too cool.

如果是你一个人的酱碟,那可以,但如果你和其他人共用酱碟,那可能这样做并不合适。

Double-dipping is okay with certain people. Your boss, don't double-dip. Your girlfriend, that's fine. You guys share saliva anyway.

和某些人一起吃饭时,两次蘸酱是没问题的。但如果和老板一起吃饭,那不要这样做。和女朋友一起就没关系。毕竟你们会交换唾液。

You don't wanna do it with someone you don't know that well, but if they're your close friends, why not?

和不熟的人一起吃饭时,你是不会想这样做的,但如果是和亲密的朋友一起吃饭,为什么不行呢?

I sometimes do that. I guess it's an okay thing to do.

我有时会这样做。我认为这没什么问题。

I don't think there's anything wrong with it. Nobody's gonna get sick.

我认为这没什么不妥。没有人会因此生病的。

Just do it. It's not a big deal. It's not like you're slobbering all over the chip and then dipping it in again. Just do it.

想做就做。这没什么大不了的。又不是整个薯条上都沾了你的口水,然后你又再次去蘸酱。只管去做就好了。

(whispers) I do it. I'm not gonna lie. I usually wait for whoever is around to just turn around or not look, and then I do it. So I would say it's an okay thing to do 'cause I do it.

(小声说)我会这样做。我不想撒谎。我经常会等到周围的人转过身或是没有注意的时候,再次蘸酱。所以我会说这没问题,因为我就会这样做。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/qwyy/526417.html