《丑女贝蒂》精讲 124谁适合做编辑的激烈争执(在线收听

While you were on your personal call, I finished the trends column.

在你打私人电话的时候 我把时尚专栏改好了

You cut the whole intro? You know what? I don't miss it.

你把整段导语都删了 知道吗 我也这么想

Good idea.

好主意

Great idea.

是绝妙的主意

What?

怎么了

Nothing.

没什么

It's just... it's bad enough I have to watch you get promoted above me

只是觉得郁闷 眼睁睁地看着你踩着我往上爬

without having any knowledge of fashion,

可你对时尚一窍不通

but now I have to have your ineptitude rubbed in my face.

可是我必须忍受笨戳戳的你还在我眼前晃来晃去

You know what, Marc?

你知道吗 Marc

I'm not gonna keep having this argument with you.

我不想和你再这么吵下去

I know I'm not perfect

我知道我不是最好的

but Daniel and Wilhelmina picked me for a reason.

但是 Daniel和Wilhelmina挑选我是有理由的

Yeah, Daniel's name is on the building

是啊 这栋楼都是Daniel的

and you two are lovahs.

你们俩又是死党

You know, I have half a mind to march into Daniel's office right now

你要知道我恨不得现在就冲进丹尼尔的办公室

and put this issue to rest once and for all.

把这件事一次性说明白了

I would love to see the look on your face

我想看看你脸上的表情

when Daniel says they gave me the job because they thought I would be a better editor than you.

当Daniel说他们给我这份工作是因为我比你更适合于做一个编辑

Okay. I would love to hear him say those words.

行啊 我也想听他亲口说

Fine.

好啊

Fine. Fine.

走啊 走

No, you're both so qualified.

你们两个都能胜任

It was just give us the truth.

说实话就行

Your vote trumped Wilhelmina's, right?

你投票比Wilhelmina更有分量 对吧

Because you're a Meade.

因为你是米德家的

Or was it simply that I had more potential as an editor?

还是因为我更有当编辑的潜力

It was a very, uh, hard decision for us to make.

这对我们是个很难做的决定

Why are you sparing their feelings, Daniel?

你干吗这么在意他们的感受

We tossed a coin.

我们抛了个硬币是投币决定的

And you got your job, Betty, because you were tails.

Betty你得到这个工作 因为你是背面

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/cnbdjj/526567.html