《绝望的主妇》精讲559(在线收听

Well, Happy Valentine's Day, my darling.

情人节快乐,亲爱的。

Isn't that your ex-husband?

那不是你前夫吗?

Oh, yeah.

哦,对。

Apparently, they'll let anyone in here. (waves back) Hi.

看来这里谁都能进。嗨。

Your chocolate soufflés will be out momentarily.

您的巧克力蛋奶酥马上就来。

Oh, we didn't order soufflé.

我们没点蛋奶酥。

I ordered it as soon as we got here. It takes an hour to prepare.

咱们刚来的时候我点的。准备起来要1小时。

Oh, I really can't. I'm stuffed.

真的不行,我吃撑了。

No, no, no, this you'll want to try. It's their specialty.

不,一定要尝尝,是他们的特色菜。

I guess I'll have the soufflé. Can you excuse me for a second? I, um, I just have to powder my nose.

那就来点蛋奶酥吧。我离开一小会儿好吗?我...我得去补下装。

I'm sorry to interrupt. (to Susan) Your makeup is all smudged. Come with me. I'll fix it.

抱歉打扰一下。你的妆都乱了,过来,我帮你补。

What?

什么?

Come on, get up.

快点,起来。

Sorry. (to Edie) My makeup is smudged?

抱歉。我的妆乱了?

Get in here. I have some news that's probably gonna devastate you. But I wanted to be the first one to tell you.

进来。有条消息可能会让你崩溃,不过我想第一个告诉你。

Okay.

好吧。

Karl is about to pop the question.

Karl要说那句话了。

You mean, like, marriage?

你是说...求婚?

Hmm hmm! Oh, I hope I haven't ruined your Valentine's Day. Do you want a tissue?

希望没有破坏你的情人节。你要面巾纸吗?

No, no. I'm okay. I, I'm just surprised. Well, congratulations.

不,没事。我只是...很奇怪。恭喜你。

What makes you think he's going to propose?

你怎么会觉得他要求婚的?

Well, I, um, I was looking through his briefcase this afternoon and I found this ring.

哦,我...我今天下午在翻他的公文包,我发现了一枚戒指。

And so tonight he keeps pushing this special dessert on me, so obviously, he's hidden the ring inside.

今天晚上他又给我准备了特色甜点,很明显,他把戒指藏在里面了。

A ring! What did it look like?

戒指哦!什么样的戒指?

Oh, I don't know. Eighteen karat white gold,ten diamonds, engraved accents. I just got a quick peek.

我说不好。18克拉白金戒,10块钻石,精雕玉琢。我只偷看了一眼。

Oh, um, I think I know that ring. That's his grandmother's ring. It's a family heirloom.

我想我见过那枚戒指。那是他祖母的戒指。是他们家的传家宝。

And, you know, he might just be having it cleaned or something.

他可能只是把它拿去清理或是什么的。

Except for one thing. Lying right next to it was a pre-nup!

不过还有一点,那戒指旁边...还放了婚前协议。

Oh. Well, Karl is a lawyer, and it could just be a pre-nup for another client.

哦,Karl是做律师的。那可能只是其他客户的。

Boy, jealousy is one ugly thing up close.

天啊,今天我总算是见识到了女人嫉妒起来是多么的可怕。

Oh, no, Edie?

不,Edie...

No, you know what? I'm gonna take the high road and, and I'm gonna ignore your nastiness.

知道吗,我让着你,不和你斤斤计较。

If you'll excuse me, I'm going back to my table and getting engaged.

失陪一下,我...要回到餐桌了,还要订婚。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/jwdzfjj/528592.html