纪录片《长生不老》 13葡萄汁是天然抗氧化剂(在线收听

Purple grape juice has twice the natural antioxidant level.

紫葡萄汁含有两倍的天然抗氧化剂

Food companies competed over

食品生产商为谁的产品

whose product contained the most.

含最多抗氧化剂而竞争

Creams containing antioxidants

含有抗氧化剂的面霜

spawned a multi-billion pound beauty industry.

兴起了几十亿元的美容产业

Dramatic results around the eyes.

眼周发生惊人改变

Scientists no longer think it's about heart beats,

科学家不再认为心跳速率是其中关键

but oxygen is still at the centre of this major theory.

取而代之 氧气成了这个学说的核心

One of the important components of all living organisms

生物所具有的共同特点之一是

is the need for oxygen,

对氧气的需求

and the reason we need oxygen is that we use oxygen

我们需要氧气产生能量

to essentially generate energy so that we can live.

维持生命

And so when we take that oxygen in and we burn it,

当我们吸入氧气并消耗时

we have one of the by products that comes from this,

我们并不仅仅得到能量

not only do we get the energy

同时也获得了此过程的副产品

but we also have radicals or oxidative stress.

自由基或者氧化应激

All of life actually is, you have these trade-offs

所有生命体都通过这种交易

to get this energy,

来获得氧气

you've essentially had to pay a price but...

你最终要付出代价

and the price from the oxidative stress theory of ageing,

根据氧化应激致衰老学说

the price would be that you're eventually going to age.

最终的代价是衰老

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/jlpcsbl/528788.html