《绝望的主妇》精讲593(在线收听

Hey. What's for lunch?

嗨,午饭吃什么?

Omelettes. You want me to make you one?

菜肉蛋卷,要再给你做一份吗?

No, thank you. I'll just pick at yours.

不,谢谢,我吃点你的就行了。

I didn't know you still had a key, dad.

我不知道你还有一把钥匙,爸爸。

Of course I do. I have to watch out for my two favorite ladies.

当然有。我要照看我最中意的两位女士。

Try the cheese. That's the best part.

尝尝奶酪,最好吃的就是这个。

You mean, two of your three favorite ladies. You know, when you add in Edie.

你是说,你最中意的三位女士中的两位。你和Edie在一起。

Right! Of course, and speaking of Edie, I have some big news. I finally did it.

对!当然,说到Edie,我有一些大新闻。我终于说了。

I popped the question.

我向她求婚了。

Oh! Congratulations, dad!

恭喜,爸爸!

Yeah, congratulations. Um, what happened to waiting six months?

是的...恭喜!六个月之后会发生什么?

Edie and I aren't getting married tomorrow.It takes months to plan a classy wedding, you know?

Edie和我不会明天就结婚。准备一场上等的婚礼,需要几个月,你知道?

Remember ours? You had to have it outdoors.

记得我们的婚礼吗?你非要在室外举行?

Oh! It poured. I could have murdered that weatherman.

那天倾盆大雨。我应该杀了那个天气预报员。

We were all crammed under this little gazebo thingy.

我们都挤在露台的下面。

It was hysterical. I thought the whole wedding day was ruined.

我当时快气疯了。我觉得整个婚礼都被毁掉了。

I loved it! It felt spontaneous. All our friends gathered close around us, hmm?

我喜欢!那感觉很自然。我们所有的朋友都挤在我们周围?

You said it was the happiest day of your life.

记得吗?你说那是你一生中最开心的一天。

Just like you marrying Edie will be the happiest day of her life.

就像你娶Edie的那天,也会成为她一生中最开心的一天。

Yeah. Right.

对。

Her, too.

她也会很开心的。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/jwdzfjj/528840.html