欧美名人演讲 第116期:美国总统川普首次国情咨文演讲(23)(在线收听

Past experience has taught us that complacency and concessions only invite aggression and provocation.

过去的经验教会我们,自满和退让只能招致侵略和挑衅。

I will not repeat the mistakes of past administrations that got us into this very dangerous position.

我不会重复过去政府的错误,让我们陷入危险的境地。

We need only look at the depraved character of the North Korean regime to understand the nature of the nuclear threat it could pose to America and to our allies.

我们只需看看朝鲜政权堕落的本性,就能明白核威胁给美国和我们的盟国带来的威胁。

Otto Warmbier was a hardworking student at the University of Virginia. And a great student, he was.

奥托·瓦姆比尔是弗吉尼亚大学一个勤奋的学生。他是个了不起的学生。

On his way to study abroad in Asia, Otto joined a tour to North Korea.

他在亚洲留学期间,奥托去朝鲜旅游。

At its conclusion, this wonderful young man was arrested and charged with crimes against the state.

在这趟旅行结束之时,这个了不起的年轻人被逮捕,被控反对那个国家。

After a shameful trial, the dictatorship sentenced Otto to 15 years of hard labor,

一次可耻的审判后,专制者判处奥托十五年劳教,

before returning him to America last June, horribly injured and on the verge of death.

当他于去年6月返回美国时,他受了重伤且濒临死亡,

He passed away just days after his return.

在回国的数天后逝世。

Otto's wonderful parents, Fred and Cindy Warmbier, are here with us tonight, along with Otto's brother and sister, Austin and Greta.

奥托的了不起的父母,弗雷德和辛迪,今晚就在这里——还有奥托的弟弟妹妹,艾斯汀和格莱塔。

Please. Incredible people. You are powerful witnesses to a menace that threatens our world,

了不起的人们!你们正好见证了这个威胁世界的败类,

and your strength truly inspires us all. Thank you very much. Thank you.

你们的力量激励着我们所有人。非常感谢。谢谢。

Tonight we pledge to honor Otto's memory with total American resolve. Thank you.

今晚,我们承诺用美国人的决心来荣耀奥托的记忆。谢谢。

Finally ... we are joined by one more witness to the ominous nature of this regime. His name is Mr. Ji Seong-ho.

最后,我们还有一位更深刻见证这个政权邪恶本质的人,他的名字是池成镐。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/oumryj/530222.html