纪录片《为何讲话》 第12期:中风导致不能讲话(在线收听

But early the next morning things took a turn for the worse

但次日清晨 伤情就急转直下

and he had a massive stroke.

并且严重中风

This left him with severe brain damage.

这使得他的大脑受到了重创

He was told he'd never talk properly again.

医生说他可能永远无法开口讲话了

I remember watching a programme probably six months

我记得大概在史蒂夫出事的六个月前

before Steve had his accident,

我看过一个节目

which showed a lady caring for her disabled husband

讲的是一个女人照顾其残疾丈夫的故事

and I remember feeling,

我还记得自己当时觉得

"Gosh, if that happened to me, I don't think I'd be able to do that."

天哪 要是发生在我身上我可做不到

I remember sitting for about two hours in the room when he was asleep,

我曾在熟睡的丈夫身旁呆坐两个小时

raging inside that this was not fair.

心里怒喊着 这不公平

We'd just got our business going

我们刚刚开始自己的事业

and it was doing really well,

还经营得不错

and we had two young children

还有两个年幼的孩子

and I just think sometimes it's not fair.

我只是觉得有时候世界真不公平

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/jlpwhjh/530445.html