时差N小时 你盘子里吃的太多了(在线收听

Yael:It's time for another installment of lunch with Don and Yael.

雅艾尔:现在到了唐和雅艾尔共进午餐的另一环节。

So, Don, what do you have for lunch today?

那么,唐,今天午餐你吃什么?

Don:An apple.

唐:一个苹果。

Yael:That's it?

雅艾尔:就这些吗?

Don:And some water.

唐:还有些水。

Yael:Why so little?

雅艾尔:为什么吃这么点?

Don:Well, I ate out last night . . . and at restaurants you tend to get around four or five times as much food as nutrition experts recommend.

唐:嗯,我昨晚出去吃的饭。。。在餐馆就餐的你倾向于摄入专家推荐4至5倍的食物营养。

For example, if you order a steak, you'll probably get a nice, juicy, twelve-ounce piece of meat.

如果你点了牛排,你的餐盘里可能盛放的是一份不错,多汁,12盎司的肉。

But experts say that you shouldn't eat more than five-and-a-half ounces of meat per day.

但专家表示你每天不应该吃超过5盎司的肉。

Yael:Wow. Why does that happen?

雅艾尔:哇。为什么会这样?

Don:It's partly due to the plate size.

唐:这部分是由于盘子尺寸所致。

Have you ever noticed that a lot of restaurants use oversize plates?

你有没有注意到很多餐馆使用超大的盘子?

Which leads to another factor . . .when you're paying for a meal, you expect those plates to be filled with food.

这导致另一个因素,当你出去吃饭,你指望那些盘子装满食物。

Get a four- or five-ounce piece of steak on your giant plate and you might not feel that you're getting your money's worth.

在4-5盎司牛排盛放到你巨大盘子后,你可能不会觉得你花出去的钱物有所值。

Yael:Y'know, I read somewhere that people are eating out more than ever.

雅艾尔:我在哪里看到过人们会比以往更多出去吃饭。

And if they're eating larger than recommended portions at restaurants, I bet that's contributing to the obesity problem.

如果他们吃的比餐馆推荐量还要多,我敢打赌这会导致肥胖问题。

Don:Some experts think so.

唐:一些专家也认为如此。

But there's an easy solution . . . eat only some of what's on your plate and take the rest home.

但是有简单的解决方案。。。只吃在你盘子里的,把其余的打包带走。

Yael:Did you do that last night?

雅艾尔:你昨天晚上是这样的吗?

Don:Uh, no. It's kinda hard to stop eating when all that food is right there in front of you.

唐:嗯,没有。满桌美食尽在眼前不吃的确有些困难。

Yael:Well then, enjoy your apple.

雅艾尔:那就好好享受你的这餐苹果吧。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/scnxs/530724.html