福克斯新闻 拜登失去理智了,说话永远在跑题(2)(在线收听

And meanwhile, the media stand in awe.

与此同时,媒体们望而生畏。

If the presidency were a decathlon, this is sort of his event, right?

如果当总统是一项十项全能运动,那么这就是他大展拳脚的时候了,对吧?

His best traits are - were on display tonight. It reminded me why he beat Donald Trump last year.

他最好的性格特质在今晚展现出来了。这让我想起去年他为什么能击败特朗普。

Biden comes across in a way that I think it's difficult to demonize.

拜登给人的印象就是很难将他妖魔化。

It's also difficult to interpret or figure out.

倒是也很难理解和搞懂他。

But contrast those reactions with how they poured over Trump's every syllable.

对比看看他们当初是怎么曲解特朗普的每句话的。

I think the starting point is that Trump demand and his psychological state.

我认为出发点是特朗普的需求和他的心理状态。

Many people that I speak with, experts, think that he's evidencing dementia.

很多和我交谈过的专家都认为他有明显的痴呆迹象。

He keeps obsessing over taking a test that is given to Alzheimer's patients. It is a bizarre, bizarre thing.

他一直痴迷于参加一项针对阿尔茨海默氏症患者的测试。这是一件非常奇怪的事情。

Even the President's own supporters may be very unnerved.

即使是总统的支持者也可能感到非常不安。

Is there any effort to reassure people that the commander- in-chief is mentally stable?

有没有任何成果能让人们放心,总司令精神状态稳定?

But now, we're all supposed to think that Biden's verbal crutches, he leans on every time he loses his train of thought, are somehow really cute.

但现在,我们都认为拜登每次失去思路时依靠的语言拐杖,不知怎么地,真的很可爱。

I'm not being a wise guy now. I shouldn't make fun. That's good. It's good. It's good.

我不是在自作聪明。我不应该开玩笑。这很好。很好。很好。

Well, by the way, I think that is - that's happening and because, look, think about this. I'm a big dog person. I'm sorry.

顺便说一下,我认为这正在发生,因为,你想想啊。我喜欢养大狗。抱歉打断了。

And so it is - I - I sincerely mean this. Look. No, I'm not being facetious, I'm not being facetious.

确实如此——我——我是真心的。看。不,我没开玩笑,我没开玩笑。

You think, I'm not joking? On autocracies, democracy has to stand up and.

你觉得我在开玩笑吗?在独裁统治的国家,民主必须站起来。

No, you deserve, no, no, no. I really mean it. How can you decide? I'm not joking.

不,你应该,不不不。我说真的。你怎么能决定?我没在开玩笑。

I wish you were joking.

我倒希望你在开玩笑。

It's really just sad at this point for Biden, for the country, and CNN.

在这一点上,对拜登,对这个国家,对CNN来说,都很悲哀。

Or is it common journalistic practice to ignore it whenever your interviewee routinely fails to answer the question posed?

还是说,当你的采访对象习惯性地不能回答所提出的问题时,你就忽略它,这是新闻惯例吗?

What do you say to people who are worried about a new round of restrictions and mask mandates and so forth?

你对那些担心新一轮封禁和戴口罩之类规定的人有什么看法?

Well, I'm saying look, it's a little bit like when I got elected.

我会说,这有点像我当选的时候。

You know. This pandemic is out of control.

疫情发展失去控制。

We've lost more people in United States, over 630 some thousand people than every major war we've ever fought in the United States of America.

很多美国人失去了生命,超过63万人,比美国参加过的任何一场重大战争都要多。

And that's come to a screeching halt for those who have been vaccinated. It really has. Not a joke.

对于那些已经接种疫苗的人来说,这是一个急刹车。真的是。不是开玩笑。

Let's get to the questions, Mr. President.

总统先生,还是回答问题吧。

OK.

好。

Oh, wait a second. There was a question.

等一下。原来还有个问题啊。

But real questions with real follow ups?

真正的问题需要个真正的回答?

No, that's asking too much. Don't want to put pressure on Biden after all.

不用,要求太高了。毕竟不想给拜登太多压力。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/fksxw/532001.html