四签名 66线索的中断(10)(在线收听

"Yes; that was what brought me here."

"接到了,所以才会来的。"

"How has your case prospered?"

"你对这案子的工作进展如何了?"

"It has all come to nothing.

"一点儿也没有头绪。

I have had to release two of my prisoners, and there is no evidence against the other two."

我不得已释放了两个人,对于其余的两个人也没有什么证据。"

"Never mind. We shall give you two others in the place of them. But you must put yourself under my orders.

"那不要紧,一会儿我给你另外两个人来补他们的缺。可是你必须完全听我的指挥,

You are welcome to all the official credit, but you must act on the lines that I point out. Is that agreed?"

一切功绩可以归你,可是一切行动必须听从我的,这点你同意吗?"

"Entirely, if you will help me to the men."

"只要你协助我把匪徒捉到,一切全都同意。"

"Well, then, in the first place I shall want a fast police-boat–a steam launch–to be at the Westminster Stairs at seven o'clock."

"好,头一件:我需要一只警察快艇--一只汽船--今晚平时开到西敏士特码头待命。"

"That is easily managed. There is always one about there, but I can step across the road and telephone to make sure."

"这个好办,那儿经常停着一只,我到对面再用电话联系一下就成了。"

"Then I shall want two staunch men in case of resistance."

"我还要两个健壮的警士,以防匪徒拒捕。"

"There will be two or three in the boat. What else?"

"船内向来都准备着两三个人,还有别的吗?"

"When we secure the men we shall get the treasure.

"我们捉住匪徒,那宝物就能到手,

I think that it would be a pleasure to my friend here to take the box round to the young lady to whom half of it rightfully belongs.

我想我这位朋友一定喜欢亲自把宝物箱送到那位年轻女士的手上--这宝物一半是应该属于她的,

Let her be the first to open it. Eh, Watson?"

由她亲自打开。喂,华生,好不好?"

"It would be a great pleasure to me."

"这是我无上的光荣。"

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/femstaqjsy/533249.html