时差N小时 香烟,烟斗及雪茄的危害(上)(在线收听

We all know that smoking cigarettes is bad.

我们都对吸烟有害健康这一点心知肚明。

But what about smoking a pipe or cigars?

但是抽烟斗或抽雪茄呢?

Since you don't inhale, is it better for your health?

如果你不吸气,那样对你的健康更有好处吗?

Or at least less bad?

或者危害少了很多?

Good question. So first, it's true that cigarettes are in a league of their own when it comes to ruining your health.

问得好。因此,首先,抽烟确实在有害健康。

And it's also true that pipes and cigars have an aura of sophistication and, perhaps, harmless merriment.

而人们普遍认为抽烟斗或抽雪茄也许不会对健康造成影响。

But the fact is that in their own way, pipes and cigars are plenty bad for you.

但事实上烟斗或雪茄都会对你的身体产生危害。

Like cigarettes, smoking a pipe or cigar is linked to all sorts of cancers.

就像香烟一样,烟斗或雪茄会让你患上各种癌症。

Cancer of the lung, lip, tongue, mouth, and throat, to name a few.

还有肺,唇,舌,口腔和咽喉癌等方面的疾病。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/scnxs/533463.html