时差N小时 自信来源于点头(在线收听

Yael, everyday I grow closer to my goal of mind-control.

我觉得自己每天都在不断的靠近我思维控制的目标。

What do you mean, Don?

毫无头绪,你在讲什么啊?

Check out this study from Ohio State University that saysnodding yourhead to signal approval and shaking your head tosignal disapproval not only lets others know what you'rethinking, but also influences your own thoughts.

我们来看看来自俄亥俄州立大学的一份研究,该研究发现:点头表示同意,摇头表示否定这样的行为不仅能让别人解读出你的想法,同时还会反过来影响你自己的想法。

The study you're talking about never suggested that shaking or nodding your head actuallychanges your thoughts.

你所讲的这个研究项目根本没有提到点头或是摇头会改变你自己的想法啊。

It doesn't?

没有吗?

No. The study found that if you nod your head, even if you do it on purpose, you becomemore confident about your own thoughts,

没有!那个研究的发现结果是,如果你点头,你会更加坚定自己的想法;

and if you shake it, you become less confident aboutthem.

如果你摇头,你对自己的想法就会有所动摇。

For example, the study's participants were instructed to listen to one of two editorials–one whichwas well-argued, and one which wasn't.

我们现在来举例说明:研究人员安排参与者们分别听两篇社论—一篇论据充分,另一篇就不怎么样了。

When asked about it later, those participants who noddedtheir heads while listening agreed more strongly with the good editorial.

在听完后,当问及自己所听的社论怎么样时,那些听好的社论的参与者觉得那篇社论相当不错。

See it's brain-washing?

这怎么感觉像是“洗脑”啊?

And disagreed more strongly with the poorly reasoned editorial.

而且,他们觉得另一篇社论简直就糟透了。

By nodding, they confirmedtheir thoughts, positive or negative.

由此可见,通过点头,他们坚定了自己的肯定或否定的想法。

And the same thing happened when people were asked towrite with their dominant hand, and then with their non-dominant hand.

还有一个原理相近的实验—研究者让一些参与者用惯用手写东西,再让一些人用非惯用手来写东西。

When asked how confident they felt about the ideas they wrote down, those participants who wrote with theirdominant hand felt more confident than those who didn't.

写完之后,当问及对自己所写的东西的看法时,那些用惯用手写的人比用非惯用手写的人对自己所抒发的观点更加有信心。

OK, Yael, let's try. Nod your heayes, and I'll tell you how great I am.

我们也来试试。点头!我会告诉你我有多伟大!

Give it up, Don!

别闹了!

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/scnxs/533562.html