博斯科姆比溪谷秘案 16来到目的地(2)(在线收听

He had hardly spoken before there rushed into the room one of the most lovely young women that I have ever seen in my life.

他的话音刚落,一位我有生以来见到过的最秀丽的年轻妇女急促地走进了我们的房间。

Her violet eyes shining, her lips parted, a pink flush upon her cheeks,

她蓝色的眼睛晶莹明亮,双唇张开,两颊微露红晕,

all thought of her natural reserve lost in her overpowering excitement and concern.

她当时是那么激动,那么忧心忡忡,以致把她天生的矜持也抛到九霄云外了。

"Oh, Mr. Sherlock Holmes!" she cried, glancing from one to the other of us,

她喊了声:"噢,歇洛克·福尔摩斯先生,"同时轮流打量我们两个人,

and finally, with a woman's quick intuition, fastening upon my companion,

终于凭着一个女人的机敏的直觉凝视着我的同伴,

"I am so glad that you have come. I have driven down to tell you so.

"你来了我很高兴,我赶到这里来是为了向你说明,

I know that James didn't do it. I know it, and I want you to start upon your work knowing it, too.

我知道詹姆斯不是凶手。我希望你开始侦查时就知道这点,

Never let yourself doubt upon that point.

不要让你自己怀疑这一点。

We have known each other since we were little children,

我们从小就互相了解,

and I know his faults as no one else does; but he is too tender-hearted to hurt a fly.

我对他的缺点比谁都清楚;他这个人心软的很,连个苍蝇都不肯伤害。

Such a charge is absurd to anyone who really knows him."

凡是真正了解他的人都认为这种控告太荒谬了。"

"I hope we may clear him, Miss Turner," said Sherlock Holmes. "You may rely upon my doing all that I can."

福尔摩斯说:"我希望我们能够为他澄清。请相信我,我一定尽力而为。"

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/femstaqjsy/534488.html