波希米亚丑闻 13高贵的委托者(11)(在线收听

"Very, indeed. And what does she propose to do with the photograph?"

"十分严重。的确如此。那她打算用这照片干些什么呢。"

"To ruin me." "But how?" "I am about to be married." "So I have heard."

"把我毁掉。""怎么个毁法?""我即将结婚了。""我听说了。"

"To Clotilde Lothman von Saxe-Meningen, second daughter of the King of Scandinavia.

"我将和斯堪的纳维亚国王的二公主克洛蒂尔德·洛特曼·冯·札克斯迈宁根结婚。

You may know the strict principles of her family. She is herself the very soul of delicacy.

你可能知道他们的严格家规吧。她自己就是一个极为敏感的人。

A shadow of a doubt as to my conduct would bring the matter to an end." "And Irene Adler?"

只要对我的行为有丝毫怀疑,就会使这婚事告吹。""那么艾琳·艾德勒呢?"

"Threatens to send them the photograph. And she will do it. I know that she will do it.

"威胁着要把照片送给他们。而她是会那样做的。我知道她是会那样做的。

You do not know her, but she has a soul of steel.

你不了解她,她的个性坚强如钢。

She has the face of the most beautiful of women, and the mind of the most resolute of men.

她既有最美丽的女人的面容,又有最刚毅的男人的心。

Rather than I should marry another woman, there are no lengths to which she would not go–none."

只要我和另一个女人结婚,她是什么事都做得出来的。"

"You are sure that she has not sent it yet?" "I am sure." "And why?"

"您敢肯定她还没有把照片送出去吗?""我敢肯定。""为什么?"

"Because she has said that she would send it on the day when the betrothal was publicly proclaimed. That will be next Monday."

"因为她说过,她要在婚约公开宣布的那一天把照片送出去。那就是下星期一。"

"Oh, then we have three days yet," said Holmes with a yawn.

"噢,那咱们还有三天时间,"福尔摩斯说着,打了一个呵欠。

"That is very fortunate, as I have one or two matters of importance to look into just at present.

"太幸运了,因为目前我还有一两桩重要的事情要调查调查。

Your Majesty will, of course, stay in London for the present?"

当然。陛下暂时要待在伦敦罗?"

"Certainly. You will find me at the Langham under the name of the Count Von Kramm."

"对。你可以在兰厄姆旅馆找到我。用的名字是冯·克拉姆伯爵。"

"Then I shall drop you a line to let you know how we progress."

"我将写封短信让您知道我们的进展情况。"

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/femstaqjsy/535243.html