斑点带子案 23不速之客(3)(在线收听

"He seems a very amiable person," said Holmes, laughing.

"他真像一个非常和蔼可亲的人,"福尔摩斯哈哈大笑说:

"I am not quite so bulky, but if he had remained

"我的块头没有他那么大,但是假如他在这儿多呆一会儿,

I might have shown him that my grip was not much more feeble than his own."

我会让他看看,我的手劲比他的小不了多少。"

As he spoke he picked up the steel poker and, with a sudden effort, straightened it out again.

说着,他拾起那条钢火钳,猛一使劲,就把它重新弄直了。

"Fancy his having the insolence to confound me with the official detective force!

"真好笑,他竟那么蛮横地把我和官厅侦探人员混为一谈!

This incident gives zest to our investigation, however,

然而,这么一段插曲却为我们的调查增添了风趣,

and I only trust that our little friend will not suffer from her imprudence in allowing this brute to trace her.

我唯一希望的是我们的小朋友不会由于粗心大意让这个畜生跟踪上了而遭受什么折磨。

And now, Watson, we shall order breakfast, and afterwards I shall walk down to Doctors' Commons,

好了,华生,我们叫他们开早饭吧,饭后我要步行到医师协会去,

where I hope to get some data which may help us in this matter."

我希望在那儿能搞到一些有助于我们处理这件案子的材料。"

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/femstaqjsy/535977.html