斑点带子案 26启程出发(3)(在线收听

From amid the branches there jutted out the gray gables and high roof-tree of a very old mansion.

树丛之中矗立着一座十分古老的邸宅的灰色山墙和高高的屋顶。

"Stoke Moran?" said he.

"斯托克莫兰?"他说。

"Yes, sir, that be the house of Dr. Grimesby Roylott," remarked the driver.

"是的,先生,那是格里姆斯比·罗伊洛特医生的房子,"马车夫说。

"There is some building going on there," said Holmes; "that is where we are going."

"那边正在大兴土木,"福尔摩斯说,"那就是我们要去的地方。"

"There's the village," said the driver, pointing to a cluster of roofs some distance to the left;

"村子在那儿,"马车夫遥指左面的一簇屋顶说,

"but if you want to get to the house, you'll find it shorter to get over this stile,

"但是,如果你们想到那幢房子那里去,你们这样走会更近一些:

and so by the foot-path over the fields. There it is, where the lady is walking."

跨过篱笆两边的台阶,然后顺着地里的小路走。就在那儿,那位小姐正在走着的那条小路。"

"And the lady, I fancy, is Miss Stoner," observed Holmes, shading his eyes.

"我想,那位小姐就是斯托纳小姐,"福尔摩斯手遮着眼睛,仔细地瞧着说。

"Yes, I think we had better do as you suggest."

"是的,我看我们最好还是照你的意思办。"

We got off, paid our fare, and the trap rattled back on its way to Leatherhead.

我们下了车,付了车钱,马车嘎啦嘎啦地朝莱瑟黑德行驶回去。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/femstaqjsy/535980.html