《神探夏洛克》精讲 411削减未知变量(在线收听

不像这样

Not like this one.

你没机会了  没机会了

You haven't got a chance, not a chance.

我把你困死了  投降吧  投降吧

I've got you where I want you. Give in, give in!

我会灭了你的  你完全任我摆布了

I will destroy you. You're completely at my mercy.

贝克先生  本局结束

Mr Baker. Well, that completes the set.

源自儿童图书

《面包大师与贝克小子(快乐家庭)》

-不  没有  -还有谁

- No, it does not. - Well, who else am I missing?

面包大师  没他结束不了啊

Master Bun, it's not a set without him.

还要我说多少遍  福尔摩斯先生

How many more times, Mr Sherlock?

可能因为我不太熟悉这个概念

Hmm, maybe it's because I'm not familiar with the concept.

你好啊  玛丽

Oh, hi, Mary.

什么概念

What concept?

快乐家庭  旅途还顺利吗

Happy families. Nice trip?

你他妈怎么...

How the f...?

拜托  玛丽  还有孩子在呢

Please, Mary, there is a child present.

-你怎么进来的  -卡里姆让我进来的

- How did you get in here? - Karim let me in.

你好

Hello.

卡里姆  能帮我们倒点茶吗

Karim, would you be so kind as to fetch us some tea?

-没问题  -谢谢

- Sure. - Thank you.

很高兴见到你  夫人

Nice to meet you, missus.

不  我是说你怎么找到我的

No, I mean how did you find me?

我可是夏洛克·福尔摩斯

I'm Sherlock Holmes.

不  说真的  你怎么做到的

No, really, though, how?

我的每一步都是完全随机的

Every movement I made was entirely random,

每个新身份都全凭掷骰子决定

every new personality just on the roll of a dice!

玛丽  人的行动不会是完全随机的

Mary, no human action is ever truly random.

只要对数学概率有着高超的掌握

An advanced grasp of the mathematics of probability,

加上对心理的洞察

mapped onto a thorough apprehension of human psychology

以及对特定人的了解

and the known dispositions of any given individual,

就能极大削减未知变量的数量

can reduce the number of variables considerably.

我就至少知道58种方法

I myself know of at least 58 techniques to refine

可以把看似无穷的随机生成的可能性

a seemingly infinite array of randomly generated possibilities

精简到最少  使变量具备可行性

down to the smallest number of feasible variables.

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/stxlkjj/536378.html