斑点带子案 33现场调查(6)(在线收听

Holmes walked slowly round and examined each and all of them with the keenest interest.

福尔摩斯在房间里慢慢地绕了一圈,全神贯注地,逐一地将它们都检查了一遍。

"What's in here?" he asked, tapping the safe.

他敲敲保险柜问道:“这里面是什么?"

"My stepfather's business papers."

"我继父业务上的文件。"

"Oh! you have seen inside, then?"

"噢,那么你看见过里面的了?"

"Only once, some years ago. I remember that it was full of papers."

"仅仅一次,那是几年以前。我记得里面装满了文件。"

"There isn't a cat in it, for example?"

"比方说,里边不会有一只猫吗?"

"No. What a strange idea!"

"不会,多么奇怪的想法!"

"Well, look at this!" He took up a small saucer of milk which stood on the top of it.

"哦,看看这个!"他从保险柜上边拿起一个盛奶的浅碟。

"No; we don't keep a cat. But there is a cheetah and a baboon."

"不,我们没养猫。但是有一只印度猎豹和一只狒狒。"

"Ah, yes, of course! Well, a cheetah is just a big cat,

"啊,是的,当然!嗯,一只印度猎豹也差不多就是一只大猫,

and yet a saucer of milk does not go very far in satisfying its wants, I daresay.

可是,我敢说要满足它的需要,一碟奶怕不怎么够吧。

There is one point which I should wish to determine."

还有一个特点,我必须确定一下。"

He squatted down in front of the wooden chair and examined the seat of it with the greatest attention.

他蹲在木椅前,聚精会神地检查了椅子面。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/femstaqjsy/536468.html