纪录片《轻松活过101岁》 第17期 生活中有意义的事(在线收听

Most of these people have a sense of what they call "ichi gai" -

他们中的大多数有这么一个叫做ichi gai的感觉,

in other words, something that gives their life a sense of meaning, coherence, purpose -

换句话说,给了他们一些生活的意义,目标,意志,

something that gets them out of bed in the mornings,

给了他们早晨起床后做的事,

something that they look forward to doing.

一些他们期待的事。

You know whether it's your gardening - whether it's a volunteer activity,

不论是园艺,不论是义工活动,

whatever these older people are involved in - it's meaningful to them.

不管这些老人是否参与,对他们都是有意义的。

Without that, it makes ageing successfully difficult.

没有这些,健康长寿是做不到的。

We're going to the first house that I can ever remember...

我们即将去的第一间房子是我终生难忘的……

...and just on the right-hand side here,

就在右手边,

there's these modern houses now...

现在有了这些现代的房子……

...but that's 230- and it's still 230-

那是230号,这里还是230号——

and that was where I used to stay, up at the top flat,

那是我以前曾经住过的,在公寓的顶楼,

but it didn't look like that when I came here.

看上去不象当年我在的时候了。

It was... just dirtier and greyer looking.

不过看上去更肮脏,更灰暗。

I have great memories.

我的记忆很好的。

Some sad ones, obviously.

明显有些难过。

When my dad died, I remember...

我父亲去世时,我记得,

I remember being locked in a bathroom

我记得被关在浴室里,

and I could see people passing by with a big, big box

我看到人们跟着一个大盒子,

and... I didn't know what it was at the time, but it was my dad.

那时我还不知道那是什么,然而却是我的父亲。

Forty-seven he was.

他去世时只有47岁。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/jlpqshg101s/536959.html