绿玉皇冠案 22来到费尔班寓所(3)(在线收听

"I shall never let it drop until the gems are found -- never, Mary!

"我找不到绿玉决不罢休--决不,玛丽!

Your affection for Arthur blinds you as to the awful consequences to me.

你对阿瑟的感情使你看不到它给我造成的严重后果。

Far from hushing the thing up, I have brought a gentleman down from London to inquire more deeply into it."

我绝不能就这样了事,我从伦敦请了一位先生来更深入地调查这件事。"

"This gentleman?" she asked, facing round to me.

"是这位先生?"她转过身来看着我问道。

"No, his friend. He wished us to leave him alone. He is round in the stable lane now."

"不,是他的朋友。他要我们让他一个人走走。他现在正在马厩那条小道那边。"

"The stable lane?" She raised her dark eyebrows. "What can he hope to find there?

"马厩那条小道?"她的黑眉毛向上一扬。"他能指望在那里找到什么?

Ah! this, I suppose, is he. I trust, sir, that you will succeed in proving, what I feel sure is the truth,

哦,我想这就是他吧。我相信,先生,你一定能证明我所确信的是实情,

that my cousin Arthur is innocent of this crime."

那就是我的堂兄阿瑟是无罪的。"

"I fully share your opinion, and I trust, with you, that we may prove it," returned Holmes, going back to the mat to knock the snow from his shoes.

"我完全同意你的看法,而且,我相信,有你在一起,我们能证明这一点。"福尔摩斯一边答话,一边走回擦鞋垫上把鞋底下的雪蹭掉。

"I believe I have the honour of addressing Miss Mary Holder. Might I ask you a question or two?"

"我认为我是荣幸地在和玛丽·霍尔德小姐谈话,我可否向你提一两个问题?"

"Pray do, sir, if it may help to clear this horrible affair up."

"请吧,先生,如果能对澄清这件可怕的事件有所帮助的话。"

"You heard nothing yourself last night?"

"昨天夜里你没听见什么吗?"

"Nothing, until my uncle here began to speak loudly. I heard that, and I came down."

"没有,一直到我的叔父开始大声说话。我听见后才下来。"

"You shut up the windows and doors the night before. Did you fasten all the windows?" "Yes."

"你昨晚将门窗都关上了,可是有没有将所有的窗户都闩上呢?""都闩上了。"

"Were they all fastened this morning?" "Yes."

"今天早上这些窗户是否都还闩着?""都还闩着。"

"You have a maid who has a sweetheart? I think that you remarked to your uncle last night that she had been out to see him?"

"你有个女仆,她有个情人吧?我知道你昨晚曾经告诉过你叔叔说她出去会见他来了?"

"Yes, and she was the girl who waited in the drawing-room, and who may have heard uncle's remarks about the coronet."

"是的,她就是那个在客厅里侍候的女仆,她也许听见叔叔谈到关于皇冠的话。"

"I see. You infer that she may have gone out to tell her sweetheart, and that the two may have planned the robbery."

"我明白,你的意思是说她可能出去将这事告诉了她的情人,而他们俩也许密谋盗窃这顶皇冠。"

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/femstaqjsy/537773.html