绿玉皇冠案 24来到费尔班寓所(5)(在线收听

The banker's dressing-room was a plainly furnished little chamber, with a gray carpet, a large bureau, and a long mirror.

这位银行家的起居室是一间布置简朴的小房间,地上铺着一块灰色地毯,放着一个大柜橱和一面长镜子。

Holmes went to the bureau first and looked hard at the lock.

福尔摩斯先走到大柜橱跟前,紧盯着上面的锁。

"Which key was used to open it?" he asked.

"是用哪把钥匙开这锁的?"他问道。

"That which my son himself indicated -- that of the cupboard of the lumber-room."

"就是我儿子指出的--那把开贮藏室食品橱的锁的钥匙。"

"Have you it here?" "That is it on the dressing-table."

"它在你这里吗?""就是那把放在化妆台上的钥匙。"

Sherlock Holmes took it up and opened the bureau.

福尔摩斯把它拿过来打开大柜橱。

"It is a noiseless lock," said he. "It is no wonder that it did not wake you.

"这是一把无声的锁,"他说,"难怪它没有吵醒你。

This case, I presume, contains the coronet. We must have a look at it."

这只盒子我想就是装那皇冠的。我们必须看一看。"

He opened the case, and taking out the diadem he laid it upon the table.

他打开盒子,将皇冠取出来放在桌子上。

It was a magnificent specimen of the jeweller's art, and the thirty-six stones were the finest that I have ever seen.

这是一件华丽的珠宝工艺品,那三十六块绿玉是我从未见过的最精美的玉石。

At one side of the coronet was a cracked edge, where a corner holding three gems had been torn away.

皇冠的一边有一道裂口,一个角上有三块绿玉被扳掉了。

"Now, Mr. Holder," said Holmes, "here is the corner which corresponds to that which has been so unfortunately lost.

"现在,霍尔德先生,"福尔摩斯说,"这个边角和那不幸丢失绿玉的边角是对称的。

Might I beg that you will break it off."

我请你试一试看能否将它掰开。"

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/femstaqjsy/537775.html