TED演讲:医生、护士和救援人员重建叙利亚(3)(在线收听

And that's how the People's Convoy was born.

因此“人民的保卫”诞生了。

It was a global crowdfunding campaign to enable IDA to rebuild a whole new children's hospital,

这是众筹平台的一个项目,让IDA重建一座新的儿童医院,

and, if successful, we the people would take the medical equipment all the way from London to the Syria border.

如果这个项目成功了,人们就会把医疗设备从伦敦运送到叙利亚边境。

And we did it. Thousands of people came together from across the world to achieve a global first:

而且我们做到了。成百上千来自世界不同地方的人聚集在一起,去创造世界第一:

we built the first-ever crowdfunded hospital.

我们建立了史上第一座众筹医院。

The location was carefully chosen by the local experts, IDA,

地点是由当地IDA的专家精心选择的,

where they knew it would be safe and serve the greatest number of displaced children.

他们知道那比较安全,而且还能最大化帮助无家可归的儿童。

IDA was so moved by people's response, they named it "Hope Hospital."

大家的响应打动到IDA,他们称医院为“希望医院”。

It's been open for exactly one year, and they have treated over 15,000 children.

这家医院已经运营了一年了,为超过15000儿童提供了治疗服务。

We can provide lifesaving assistance in the most volatile places on earth.

我们能为地球最不安稳的区域提供生命救援。

The system needs to change, and change starts with us all sharing a new humanitarian vision,

这套制度需要改变,从改变我们对新人道主义的看法开始,

one where you, global citizens with skills, expertise and resources, stand together with the local responders;

此时,你们都是有技能、专长和资源的地球人,和当地的救援人员站在一起;

one where we are all humanitarians, putting the necessary resources in the hands of those who need them most

同时,我们还是人道主义人士,聚集灾区所需的资源,并将他们分配到最需要的人手中,

and are best placed to use them effectively and efficiently.

以及交到能够最大化利用好这些资源的人那去。

We need to support the people who are not only saving lives now,

我们需要支持那些虽然还没参与救援,

but it will also be them stitching their wounded communities back together, once a conflict is over to help them heal.

但在冲突结束之后,为那些受到重创的社区提供帮助的人。

Local humanitarians have the courage to persist,

当地的人道主义人士有勇气去坚持,

to dust themselves off from the wreckage and to start again, risking their lives to save others.

有勇气在残骸中站起来拍去身上的尘土,有勇气重新冒着生命危险参与救援行动。

And we can match their courage by not looking away or turning our backs,

我们也能参与到救援中,只要我们不选择忽视和不逃避,

by helping those who are helping themselves, and together, save more lives. Thank you.

而去帮助那些一线救援人员,与他们一起,就能拯救更多生命。谢谢。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/TEDyj/gjwtp/537961.html