英国新闻听力 英国大学生学黑客技巧保卫网络安全(在线收听

Computer hacking directly affects thousands of people and companies every day.

计算机黑客每天直接影响着数千人和公司。

Of late, there've been stories of how the voting records of more than 18 million Mexicans were accessible online,

最近此类事件屡屡发生:逾1800万墨西哥人的选票记录在网上可以直接看到,

all data from a dating site being traded and more recently, the Bangladesh central bank was raided for many millions of dollars.

所有数据都在一交友网站上交易;近来,孟加拉国中央银行被劫数百万美元。

This is a game.

这是一个比赛。

The challengers have to perform the same type of attacks that the bad guys do on enterprise computers.

挑战者要对企业计算机实施坏人执行的同类袭击。

So in a game like this one, we expose students to the skills that the bad guys are using.

所以在这样的比赛中,我们让学生熟悉坏人们使用的伎俩。

After being warned not to try and break Cambridge University, the teams of four students got to work on a series of hacking challenges designed by engineers at Facebook.

在被警告不要尝试突破剑桥大学网络后,学生每四人一组参与"脸谱网"工程师设计的一系列黑客挑战。

So what've you been doing? Have you cracked the base?

你在做什么?你突破网站了吗?

Maybe. A few times.

可能吧,有几次。

The idea is for me to find some hidden secrets in this farm, which I'm about to.

这个理念对我来说就是在这个场里找到一些隐藏的秘密,我也正要这样做。

Is that a thrill?

紧张吗?

It makes me excited.

我挺激动的。

In the end, the teams are just competing for bragging rights. But as Birmingham's captain explained, in real life, the stakes will be much higher.

最终,队伍争的只是炫耀的权利。但伯明翰队长说,在现实生活中,赌注会高得多。

I mean, I can take the example of my PhD. I work on automotive vehicle security, car security.

就拿我的博士课题举例吧。我的专业是机动车辆安全,汽车安全。

There are so many hacks out there and the stakes are like, you know, human lives.

外面有那么多黑客,赌注就是人命啊你知道吗。

Scary stuff. So perhaps there's no surprise that the police were spectating at the event. Why are you here?

确实挺可怕的。所以警察来"观战"也就不足为奇了。你为什么参加呢?

There's a number of reasons I'm here.

我来的原因有很多。

I mean, firstly, part of my role is around the prevent agenda, the counterterrorism prevent agenda where we are looking at deradicalization,

首先,预防工作,反恐预防工作是我的职责之一,我们关注非激进化,

or preventing people becoming the black cat hackers and the kind of evil coders and actually bringing them into the ethical hacking space.

也就是防止人们变成"黑猫"黑客和不良编码员,实际上就是把人们带入道德黑客空间。

It is obvious that these are powerful techniques that could be used for good or evil.

显然,这些是非常强大的技巧,可好可坏。

I mean isn't it the truth just that everything is broken?

现在什么东西都损坏的,不是吗?

Well, you could say maybe that's the best time to get in cyber security. That's the best time to be in this business, right?

嗯,你可以说或许这是收获网络安全的最佳时期,是这个行业的最佳时机,对吧?

Because there is a shortage of skilled experts on the good side.

因为我们缺的是好人这边技艺娴熟的专家。

The competition will help forge links between groups of students who in the future may be controlling our cyber defenses.

竞赛将有助于在各组学生间建立联系,他们可能是未来网络防御的主力军。

And as for this, the inaugural year of the competition, the result went to… Can you guess?

而在这第一届比赛中,获胜的是……大家能猜到吗?

Now, with a mix of pride and embarrassment, I award top prize to the Cambridge team.

此时此刻,带着骄傲和尴尬的复杂心情,我将一等奖颁给剑桥队。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/ygxwtl/539059.html