TED演讲:如何帮助年轻人构建更好的未来(5)(在线收听

These urgent crises may not be a reality in your life or in your neighborhood.

这些紧急的危机可能不曾出现在你的生活或社区里。

And perhaps you've had opportunities for a good education and for marketable skills, and for getting a job.

或许你们有机会接受好的教育,获得适应市场需求的技能,以及找到一份工作。

And maybe you've never faced violence, or prejudice, or discrimination.

或许你从没遭遇过暴力、偏见或歧视。

But there are tens of millions of young people who are not so lucky.

但有数千万年轻人并没有那么幸运。

And they are sounding the alarm for their futures.

他们在为自己的未来敲响警钟。

And that is why UNICEF and our many public and private partners are launching a new global initiative.

这也是为什么联合国儿童基金会和我们的很多公共和私人伙伴正在发起一项新的全球倡议。

Young people themselves have named it.

年轻人自己给它取了个名字。

And it's called Generation Unlimited or Gen-U or Gen you.

叫做Generation Unlimited(世代无限),简称Gen-U,或Gen you。

So, what they're saying is, it's our time, it's our turn, it's our future.

他们所要表达的是,这是我们的时代,我们的机会,我们的未来。

Our goal is very straightforward.

我们的目标非常直接。

We want every young person in school, learning, training, or age-appropriate employment by the year 2030.

我们想在2030年达到让每个年轻人都能上学,学习,接受培训,或实现适龄就业的目标。

This goal is urgent, it's necessary, it's ambitious. But we think it's also achievable.

这个目标很紧迫,很有必要,很有雄心,但我们认为这个目标是可以实现的。

So we're calling out for cutting-edge solutions and new ideas.

所以我们提倡前沿的解决方案和新的想法。

Ideas that will give young people a fighting chance for their futures.

可以为年轻人的未来提供奋斗机会的想法。

We don't know all the answers, so we're reaching out to businesses and governments, and nonprofits,

我们不知道所有的答案,所以我们寻求企业和政府,非营利组织,

and academia, and communities, and innovators for help.

学术界,社区和创新者的帮助。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/TEDyj/gjwtp/540807.html