购物篇:误导人的广告(5)(在线收听

A: I'm glad these batteries are on sale. 

很高兴这些电池正在打折。

B: I'm sorry. These batteries are not on sale.

对不起。这些电池不在打折中。

A: But that's what the ad says.

但是广告上是这样写的。

B: I'm sorry. If you look at the ad again, you'll see that the other brand is on sale.

抱歉。如果您重看一次广告的话,您就可以看到是其他的牌子在特价中。

A: Oh, you're right. I misread the ad.

哦,你是对的,是我看错了。

B: Yes, many people make that mistake.

是的,有很多人和您一样也弄错了。

A: Well, you can't blame them. It's a confusing ad.

嗯,这个不怪他们,这条广告很容易误导人。

B: You're right. Many ads are like that.

你是对的,很多广告像这样。

A: Well, as long as I'm here…

嗯,只要我到这里就会有……

B: Just one second, and I'll get you the batteries that are on sale.

稍等一下,我给您拿正在打折的电池。

confusing v. 使迷惑;使混乱不清;使困窘(confuse的ing形式) adj. 混乱的;混淆的;令人困惑的

They thought this was because they were in confusing situations. 她们认为是因为她们处于令人糊涂的处境中。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/shqjkyheji/gwp/542239.html