托福口语练习 请听两个学生之间的对话(在线收听

Listen to a conversation between two students.

请听两个学生之间的对话。

Woman: Hey, Steve, are you ready for classes to start?

女:Steve,就要开学了,你准备好了吗?

Man:Not really. There's still a big conflict in my course schedule.

男:还没呢。我的课程表上还是有很大的冲突。

Woman: What's wrong?

女:怎么了?

Man:This is my last semester and I've still got two required courses left to take in order to finish my literature degree.

男:这是我最后一个学期了,可是我还得上完两门必修课才能修完文学学位。

Woman: Ok?

女:嗯?

Man:I have to take both History of the Novel and Shakespeare or I can't graduate!

男:我必须同时学完小说史和莎士比亚才能毕业!

Problem is the two courses meet at the same time!

可问题是这两门课的上课时间完全一样!

Woman: Uh, oh. What are you gonna do?

女:啊?那你打算怎么办?

Man:Well, I talked to the professor who's gonna teach Shakespeare, he said I could do an independent study to fulfill that requirement.

男:嗯...我跟教莎士比亚的教授联系过了,他说我可以通过自学来修满学分。

Woman: How would that work?

女:怎么个自学法?

Man:I'd read the assigned texts on my own, do all the same assignments, and meet with him when I need to, if I had any questions.

男:我要自己读完指定的课文,和其他同学一样完成所有的作业,然后有问题的时候去找他。

Woman: Well, that sounds a good way to fulfill the requirement.

女:哦,听起来是个不错的修学分的办法啊。

Man:Yeah, plus it'd be nice to have one-on-one discussions with the professor.

男:是啊,而且能和教授一对一讨论问题也不错。

It's just that, well, working on my own like that, I'm kind of concerned I won't be able to motivate myself to get the work done on time.

只不过...像那样自己学习...唉,我还是担心不能督促自己按时完成任务啊。

It's easy to put things off when it's not an actual class, you know?

你知道的,在没有真正去上课的情况下,做事情很容易拖延的。

Woman: Yeah, are there other options?

女:是的。那你还有别的办法吗?

Man:Um, yeah, I found out that the Shakespeare class is being offered at another university about half an hour from here.

男:嗯,有。我发现离我们学校开车只要半小时的另一个大学也有莎士比亚这门课。

That university has a really great literature program and our university will accept their credits, so…

那所大学有一个很棒的文学项目,我们学校也承认他们的学分,所以...

Woman: That's an idea!

女:想法不错。

Man:Yeah, I'm sure it'll be a good class. And it'd fulfill the requirement.

男:是啊,我相信课程一定不错,还能修满学分。

Only thing is, you know, I'd have to drive half an hour to get to the class and then half an hour to come back, three times a week!

只不过每次我都得开半个小时的车去上课,再开半个小时车回来,一个星期三次!

That's a lot of time and gas money.

这要花我很多时间和汽油钱啊。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/tfkylx/543498.html