英文演讲录 休·杰克曼:感谢三个很重要的人(3)(在线收听

He said to me, he goes, no amount of success is ever worth that moment where 5, 10, 15 years from now, you walk into a room and across the room, the other side of the room is the guy who gave you your first job and you can't look him in the eye.

他对我说,再多的成功都不及5年、10年、15年后的那一刻,你走进一个房间,穿过房间,房间的另一边是给你第一份工作的那个人,你不能正视他的眼睛。

And I said, I really want to do X-men, on every level.

我说,从各方面来说,我真的很想拍《X战警》。

It's about the role, it's about everything.

事关角色,事关一切。

And he said, yeah, but you gave your word.

他说,是的,但你保证过。

And I said, yeah.

我说,是的。

And he said something else.

他还说了别的话。

He said, where you want to get to in life is never as important as the way you want to live your life.

他说,你想在生活中达到什么目标从来没有你想要的生活方式重要。

And Patrick Patty, you'll remember this night as well as I do.

帕特里克·帕蒂你会和我一样记得今晚。

He rang up the director, we were up till three o'clock in the morning.

他给导演打电话,我们一直到凌晨三点还没睡。

Deb and I were waiting by the phone at three o'clock in the morning, Patty rang me and said, guess what you're doing X-Men, he's recasted already.

凌晨三点,黛布和我在电话旁等着,帕蒂打电话给我说,《X战警》已经重新选人了。

And he had, he would happily moved on.

他很高兴继续前进。

But in that moment and those eight hours, I think of negotiations probably, that's when I knew not only is Patrick Weitzel a great agent, he's a great man.

但在那一刻和那8个小时里,我想到可能会谈判,那时我知道帕特里克·韦策尔不仅是一名伟大的经纪人,他也是一名伟大的人。

It's the luckiest thing of my career.

这是我职业生涯中最幸运的事。

And I would not be standing here and half the things I've done in my career, would I have done if it wasn't for you Patty, I love you man.

如果没有他,我不会站在这里,我职业生涯中的一半的事情可能都不会做,如果没有你,我会做什么,帕蒂,我爱你。

I would never be able to get away with that long story at any televised event.

在任何电视转播的活动中,我都不可能讲那么长的故事。

I could see them in the control room.

我可以在控制室看到他们。

Really, he's talking about his agent.

真的,他说的是他的经纪人。

No, cut, play the music.

放音乐。

Finally, Deb.

最后,黛比。

You know, you have taught me that life is actually never defined by highlight reels, even though, by the way, I love the reels.

你告诉我生活其实从来不是由精彩的镜头来定义的,尽管,我喜欢那些镜头。

Thank you so much.

非常感谢。

Whoever put those together, I was like, wow.

不管是谁把这些放在一起,我都会想,哇。

Except for the boat Derek scene, we could've missed that one too.

如果不是船上的德里克那一幕,我们也可能错过。

But you really have told me that life is not defined by those, life actually happens in between that.

但你确实告诉过我,生活不是由这些定义的,生活实际上发生在这两者之间。

Life happens when the camera is not rolling.

当摄像机没有拍摄时,生活依然会发生。

You believed in me when I couldn't, you've loved me with a passion and a depth that I didn't even know existed.

你在我做不到的时候相信我,你热情、深切地爱着我。

And I don't think I even felt that I deserved.

我甚至觉得自己不配。

You have pushed and encouraged me when I was scared to venture out.

当我害怕冒险时,你一直鼓励我。

You have smiled me into smiling.

你笑得我都笑了。

You have sung me into singing.

你把我唱成了歌儿。

You have loved me into loving.

爱我至深。

And like everything I do in my life, I share this with you.

就像我在生活中做的每件事一样,都会与你分享。

I love you.

我爱你。

Thank you all.

谢谢大家。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/ywyjl/544534.html