早安英文 第675期:有趣的人名俚语(在线收听

 

lazy Susan

a turntable (rotating tray) placed on a table or countertop to aid in distributing food

放在桌子上或者厨房台面上的用来帮助便于取食的转盘

Lazy Susans are really famous in China.

餐桌转盘在中国非常常见。

paint the Lily

to add embellishment to something that is already beautiful or outstanding.

为那些已经非常美丽或出色的东西再添加点缀,形容多此一举,画蛇添足。

Why add a filter to your photo of the rainbow? No need to paint the lily.

为什么要给你那张彩虹的照片再加滤镜呢?不需要这么多此一举啦。

John Hancock

John Hancock actually means a signature.

签名

Oh well, everything seems in order. I just need your John Hancock.

好的,一切都准备好了,只需要您在这边签名。

Johnny on the spot

a person who is on hand and ready to perform a service or respond to an emergency

在场并随时准备提供服务或应对紧急情况的人

When you need help, call me and I will be your Johnny on the spot.

你需要帮忙的时候就给我打电话,我随叫随到。

Oooh, thank you, girl!

谢谢你啊妹砸!

before you can say Jack Robinson

very quickly or suddenly

说时迟那时快,非常迅速突然地

Before you could say Jack Robinson, she'd jumped into the car and driven away.

你都还来不及反应过来,她突然就上了车开走了。

Benjamin of the family

It means the youngest child of the family.

家里兄弟姐妹中最小的那个

How does it feel being the Benjamin of your family?

作为家里面最小的那个,感觉如何呢?

Bob's your uncle

When we use Bobs your uncle, it actually means "your success is guaranteed."

这事儿就成了,就是这么简单!

You want to go to the stadium? Go straight on until you reach the park, take a left, and Bob's your uncle -- you're there!

你想要去体育馆?直走,到了公园的地方左拐,就这么简单--就到啦!

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/zayy/545695.html