《爱丽丝镜中奇遇记》 第八章 白衣骑士(2)(在线收听

And how calm the horses are! They just stand there like tables while the Knights get on and off!

但是,马儿却毫无声响!骑士跨上跨下,他们总是站在那儿像桌子一样,纹丝不动。

The battle ended when they both fell off at the same time.

俩人同时坠地,战斗也到此结束。

Then they shook hands and the Red Knight got on his horse and rode away.

然后他们握手言和,红衣骑士骑上马走了。

The White Knight came up to Alice.

白衣骑士向爱丽丝走过来。

'I won that battle easily, didn't I?' he said.

他说:“我很轻松就赢得了那场战斗,不是吗?”

'I don't know,' said Alice, uncertainly.

“这我不清楚,”爱丽丝犹豫地说。

I don't want to be anybody's prisoner. I want to be a Queen.

我不想做任何人的囚犯,我要当王后。

”So you will, when you've crossed the next brook,' said the White Knight.

白衣骑士说:“你会的,当你跨过了下一条小河的时候。”

I'll see you safe to the end of the wood - and then I must go back, you know. That's the end of my move.

我将护送你安全抵达树林的尽头--然后我必须返回。那是我最后的一步。

'Thank you very much,' said Alice. 'May I help you take off your helmet?'

“多谢,多谢!我可以帮你摘下头盔吗?”爱丽丝问。

It was difficult to do, but at last the helmet came off.

摘下头盔并不容易,但最后终于成功了。

'Ah, that's better,' said the Knight.

“啊,这就舒服多了。”骑士说着,

He pushed back his long wild hair with both hands, and turned his gentle face and large sad eyes to Alice.

双手往后梳了梳自己的又长又乱的头发,他面带温驯转向爱丽丝,那双大眼睛看上去很忧伤。

He was a very strange-looking soldier, Alice thought.

爱丽丝想,这个士兵的样子非常怪异。

His armour fitted him very badly, and he had a great many things fastened to himself, and to the horse.

铠甲一点也不合身,身上、马上都捆绑了好多东西,

There was also a small wooden box on his back, which was upside-down.

背上还有个倒放着的小木箱。

'I see you're looking at my little box,' the Knight said in a friendly voice.

骑士友好地说:“我知道你在看着我的小木箱。”

It's my own invention - to keep clothes and sandwiches in.

这是我自己的发明创造--用来放衣服、三明治的。

You see I carry it upside-down, and then the rain can't get in.

你看我倒放在背上背着,那是为了防止雨水漏进去。

'But the things can get out,' Alice said gently. 'Did you know that the top was open?'

“但这样东西会掉出来,你知道盖是开着的吗?”爱丽丝轻声地说。

'No, I didn't,' the Knight said.

骑士说:“这我不知道。”

'If all the things have fallen out,' he went on unhappily, 'there's no use keeping the box.'

他不高兴地又说:“如果里面的东西都掉出来了,那留着箱子就没用了。”

He unfastened it as he spoke, and put it carefully on the branch of a tree.

他说着就卸下了箱子,小心地把它放在树枝上。

Perhaps some birds will make a home in it. Now, if you're ready… What's that plate for?

也许鸟儿可以在里面做个巢,哦,你如果准备好了……那盘子是干什么用的?

'It was used for plum-cake,' said Alice.

爱丽丝答道:“那是用来盛梅子蛋糕的。”

'I think we should take it with us,' the Knight said.

“我想我们应该把它带上。”骑士说。

It'll be useful if we find any plum-cake. Help me to get it into this bag.

如果我们找到梅子蛋糕,那就派上用场了。帮我把它放进袋子里。

This took a long time to do because the bag was not really big enough and already had a lot of carrots in it.

放盘子用了很多时间,因为袋子太小,而且里面已装了许多胡萝卜。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/alsjzqyjsy/546621.html