乔布斯传 第584期:《虫虫危机》(8)(在线收听

Our film toasted his at the box office.

我们的电影票房胜过了他的。

Did that feel good? No, it still felt awful,

这种感觉好吗?不,我们仍然觉得很糟糕,

because people started saying how everyone in Hollywood was doing insect movies.

因为人们开始谈论好莱坞人人都在做昆虫电影。

He took the brilliant originality away from John, and that can never be replaced.

他从约翰那里窃取了精彩的原创点子,而这是永远不能被取代的。

That's unconscionable, so I've never trusted him, even after he tried to make amends.

这样做太没良心了,所以我永远不再相信他,即使事后他试图补偿也没用。

He came up to me after he was successful with Shrek and said,

在他的《怪物史莱克》获得成功后,他来找我,和我说:

"I'm a changed man, I'm finally at peace with myself," and all this crap.

“我变了,我现在完全平静下来了。”这些都是胡扯。

And it was like, give me a break, Jeffrey. For his part, Katzenberg was much more gracious.

那就像是在说“饶了我吧,杰弗里”。卡曾伯格则和蔼得多。

He considered Jobs one of the "true geniuses in the world," and he learned to respect him despite their volatile dealings.

他认为乔布斯是“世界上真正的天才”,他学会了尊重他,尽管他们之间的关系并不稳定。

More important than beating Antz was showing that Pixar was not a one-hit wonder.

比打败《小蚁雄兵》更重要的,皮克斯证明了自己并不是昙花一现的奇迹。

A Bug's Life grossed as much as Toy Story had, proving that the first success was not a fluke.

《虫虫危机》赚得的收入和《玩具总动员》相当,证明了第一次成功并不是偶然。

"There's a classic thing in business, which is the second-product syndrome," Jobs later said.

乔布斯之后说:“在商业界有个很经典的理论,叫做‘第二个产品综合症’。”

It comes from not understanding what made your first product so successful.

症结在于对第一个产品的成功缺乏理解。

"I lived through that at Apple. My feeling was, if we got through our second film, we'd make it."

“我在苹果就对此深有体会。我的感觉是,如果做成了第二部电影,我们就成功了。”

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/qbsz/548707.html