跟艾米莉一起学口语 第626期:去印度饭店吃饭!(在线收听

samosa

萨摩撒三角饺

 

poppadom

印度炸圆面包片

 

dahl

(一种印度菜肴,用豆,豌豆或小扁豆煮成)

 

A: We were really lucky. We got the last available table for two and we didn't even have a reservation. Did you see the long lines behind us?

我们真的很幸运。我们订了最后一张两人桌,甚至都没有预订。你看到我们身后的长队了吗?

 

B: Yeah, glad that we didn't have to wait long, I'm starving.

是的,很高兴我们不用等太久,我饿死了。

 

A: Let's take a look at the menu, so we can order. Do you want to choose an appetizer for us to share?

让我们看一下菜单,这样我们就可以点菜了。你想选一个开胃菜我们一起吃吗?

 

B: What would you rather have? Samosas or poppadoms?

你想要什么?萨莫萨三角饺还是(印度)油炸薄饼?

 

A: I heard that one of their specialties is the samosa.

我听说他们的特产之一是萨莫萨三角胶。

 

B: Well, let's get a plate of those then.

那我们来一盘。

 

A: Sounds good. What are you going to have for your main course?

听起来不错。你的主菜是什么?

 

B: I think I might have a dahl.

我想我可能会来一份达尔。

 

A: What's in a dahl?

达尔有什么?

 

B: It's got chickpeas and vegetables in a spicy curry sauce with rice.

有鹰嘴豆和蔬菜,加上咖喱辣酱和米饭。

 

A: That sounds nice. Do you want to share some kebabs as well.

听起来不错。你想和我一起吃烤肉串吗?

 

B: Okay, how about some lamb kebabs?

好吧,来点羊肉串怎么样?

 

A: That's my favorite. Do you want to have some wine or beer?

那是我最喜欢的。你想喝点酒还是啤酒?

 

B: I think I'll have a beer.

我想喝杯啤酒。

 

A: Okay, Shall I call the waitress?

好的,我叫服务员好吗?

 

B: I wouldn't recommend it. I think we should wait until she comes round.

我不推荐。我想我们应该等她过来。

 

A: You're right. That might seem a bit rude.

你说得对。那可能有点粗鲁。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/amlxky/548821.html