《简·爱》 Chapter 37 第三十七章(8)(在线收听

He groped; I arrested his wandering hand, and prisoned it in both mine.

他摸了起来。我抓住了他那只摸来摸去的手,双手紧紧握住它。

"Her very fingers!" he cried;

“就是她的手指!”他叫道,

"her small, slight fingers!

“她纤细的手指!

If so there must be more of her."

要是这样,一定还有其他部份。”

The muscular hand broke from my custody;

这只强壮的手从我握着的手里挣脱了。

my arm was seized, my shoulder -- neck -- waist -- I was entwined and gathered to him.

我的胳膊被抓住,还有我的肩膀——脖子——腰——我被搂住了,紧贴着他。

"Is it Jane? What is it?

“是简吗?这是什么?

This is her shape -- this is her size" ----

她的体形——她的个子——”

"And this her voice," I added.

“还有她的声音,”我补充说。

"She is all here: her heart, too.

“她整个儿在这里了,还有她的心。

God bless you, sir! I am glad to be so near you again."

上帝祝福你,先生!我很高兴离你又那么近了。”

"Jane Eyre! -- Jane Eyre," was all he said.

“简·爱!简·爱!”他光这么叫着。

"My dear master," I answered,

“我亲爱的主人,”我回答,

"I am Jane Eyre: I have found you out -- I am come back to you."

“我是简·爱。我找到了你——我回到你身边来了。”

"In truth? -- in the flesh? My living Jane?"

“真的?是她本人?我鲜龙活跳的简·爱?”

"You touch me, sir, -- you hold me, and fast enough:

“你碰着我,先生——你搂着我,搂得紧紧的。

I am not cold like a corpse, nor vacant like air, am I?"

我并不是像尸体一样冷,像空气一般空,是不是?”

"My living darling! These are certainly her limbs, and these her features;

“我鲜龙活跳的宝贝!当然这些是她的四肢,那些是她的五官了。

but I cannot be so blest, after all my misery.

不过那番痛苦之后我可没有这福份了。

It is a dream; such dreams as I have had at night when I have clasped her once more to my heart, as I do now;

这是一个梦。我夜里常常梦见我又象现在这样,再一次贴心按着她,

and kissed her, as thus -- and felt that she loved me, and trusted that she would not leave me."

吻她——觉得她爱我,相信她不会离开我。”

"Which I never will, sir, from this day."

“从今天起,先生,我永远不会离开你了。”

"Never will, says the vision?

“永远不会,这个影子是这么说的吗?

But I always woke and found it an empty mockery;

可我一醒来,总发觉原来是白受嘲弄一场空。

and I was desolate and abandoned -- my life dark, lonely, hopeless --

我凄凉孤独——我的生活黑暗、寂寞,无望——

my soul athirst and forbidden to drink -- my heart famished and never to be fed.

我的灵魂干渴,却不许喝水;我的心儿挨饿,却不给喂食,

Gentle, soft dream, nestling in my arms now, you will fly, too, as your sisters have all fled before you:

温存轻柔的梦呀,这会儿你偎依在我的怀里,但你也会飞走的,像早己逃之夭夭的姐妹们一样。

but kiss me before you go -- embrace me, Jane."

可是,吻一下我再走吧——拥抱我一下吧,简。”

"There, sir -- and there!"'

“那儿,先生——还有那儿呢!”

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/jasy/550402.html