乔布斯传 第677期:归来(2)(在线收听

On one conference call with analysts shortly after Jobs went on leave,

乔布斯病休后不久,在一次跟分析员的电话会议上,

Cook departed from his unemotional style to give a rousing declaration of why Apple would continue to soar even with Jobs absent:

库克一改淡定的风格,富有煽动性地宣讲了为什么即使乔布斯不在,苹果也会继续髙歌猛进:

We believe that we are on the face of the earth to make great products, and that's not changing.

我们相信,我们在地球上存在的目的就是创造伟大的产品,这一点不会改变。

We are constantly focusing on innovating.

我们一直专注于创新。

We believe in the simple not the complex.

我们崇尚简约而不是复杂。

We believe that we need to own and control the primary technologies behind the products that we make,

我们相信我们需要拥有并控制我们制造的产品背后的重要技术,

and participate only in markets where we can make a significant contribution.

并只参与那些我们可以作出重大贯献的市场。

We believe in saying no to thousands of projects, so that we can really focus on the few that are truly important and meaningful to us.

我们相信要对成千上万的项目说不,这样我们才能真正专注于那些对我们来说确实重要和有意义的少数项目。

We believe in deep collaboration and cross-pollination of our groups, which allow us to innovate in a way that others cannot.

我们相信团队间的深度合作和相互启发,这让我们用别人没有的方式进行创新。

And frankly, we don't settle for anything less than excellence in every group in the company,

坦白地说,这家公司的每一个团队都在不懈地追求完美,我

and we have the self-honesty to admit when we're wrong and the courage to change.

们能诚实地对待自己,承认错误,并有勇气去改变。

And I think, regardless of who is in what job, those values are so embedded in this company that Apple will do extremely well.

我认为,无论是谁在做什么工作,这些价值已经深深地扎根在这家公司,苹果将表现非凡。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/qbsz/550478.html