生命中的一年 第13期:哈利波特最后系列首发(在线收听

On July the 20th, 2007 at the Natural History Museum in London, 1700 people picked out of a lottery of 90,000 applicants await J.K. Rowling's arrival.

2007年7月20日伦敦的自然历史博物馆从9000张申请中抽签产生的1700名读者等候J.K ·罗琳的到来。

You have millions of fans waiting for this book all over the world.

你有来自世界各地的百万书迷等着这本书。

How do you deal with that level of expectation?

你怎么看待这种期望度?

It swings between, on this book, thinking: "It's the best I can do. It's how I always planned it to end.

我在两种想法之间徘徊:一种是我已经尽力而为,这个结局一直都在我的计划之中。

So that's gonna have to be good enough. "

所以这已经足够好了。

And occasionally you think, "Well, how can I ever live up to this?"

但偶尔你也会想到,我怎样才能不负众望?

Two hours to go, Jo's in her car on the way to the launch.

还有两小时,乔正在去首发现场的车上。

I can't believe I'm here. I'm even more excited than I thought I would be.

我不敢相信我在这里。我甚至比我想象中的更加激动。

Do you know, people queuing in Piccadilly two days ago from Belgium?

你知道吗,有人从比利时来,在皮卡迪利大街上排了两天队?

I also really, really want a cigarette right now.

我当时真的想马上来支烟。

And when I said that to Neil, he said, "Have you got one?"

我跟尼尔说的时候,他说“你有吗”?

I should've done, but then I'd have been hooked.

我本该抽的,但要抽了就停不下来了。

Tomorrow, I would've gone out and bought 20. I am a... I can't smoke.

明天我会出去买上20支,我是个……但我不能抽。

With me, it's 40 a day or it's nothing.

对我来说,要么一天40支,要么一支也不抽。

The book is embargoed until one second past midnight.

这本书会在凌晨十二点零一秒才准开始发行。

At that point, J.K. Rowling will open Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows and begin to read.

在那时 J.K ·罗琳会打开《哈利·波特与死亡圣器》开始朗读。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/jlpjkll/550731.html