福尔摩斯:基本演绎法 第一季第2集 While You Were Sleeping(14)(在线收听

Look, you're right about my dad.

关于我爸,你们是对的

He did tell me and my sister

他确实在临死前告诉了我们

about Casey and Anna right before he died.

凯西和安娜的存在

And yes, we knew they could lay claim

而且我们也知道他们能够

to at least part of the estate.

合法获得一部分财产

It was very difficult for us.

这件事让我们很为难

We were very angry with him.

我们对于父亲的做法很生气

We couldn't believe he would keep something like that from us.

不敢相信他把这个秘密藏得这么深

But he was very sick, and we...

但他病得很重,我们也...

After he died, we went back and forth about what we should do.

他去世后,我们一直在考虑该怎么办

Neither of us wanted to have to keep his secret,

我们都不想守着这个秘密

but to give tens of millions

但是要把上千万资产

of dollars to two virtual strangers seemed insane.

拱手让给两个陌生人,也让人难以接受

That's why we reached out to his attorneys.

于是我们找到律师

We wanted them to look into Casey and Anna

我们希望他能调查凯西和安娜

so we could have all the facts at our disposal.

并了解情况,以备不时之需

Where they lived, perhaps; how one might get into their homes.

例如他们住在那里,怎样闯进去

No. Nothing like that.

不,不是这样的

We just wanted to know what kind of people they were.

我们只是想知道他们是什么样的人

But then, before we could make any sort of decision...

但是,在我们还没做出决定时

Yvette went into a tailspin.

伊薇特突然精神崩溃了

She... started seeing a married man,

她和已婚男人有染

started drinking.

酗酒

And then she tried to kill herself.

之后还企图自杀

The "Suicide attempt," Right,

企图自杀是没错

'cause I'm starting to wonder if that's what that really was.

但我不禁怀疑,事实是否真的如此

I have to assume that with Yvette out of the way,

如果伊薇特也不能继承财产

you stood to inherit the Ellison fortune in its entirety.

你就能得到全部遗产了

It wouldn't surprise me to learn that

如果是你强迫她服药的

you found some way to compel her to take those pills.

我也一点都不感到惊讶

I would never hurt my sister.

我永远都不会伤害我的姐妹

Ms. Ellison,

埃里森小姐

if you'll come with us...

麻烦你和我们走一趟

Just one thing.

还有一件事

Why disguise yourself as Yvette to commit the murders?

为什么要打扮成伊薇特去杀人呢

The witness saw you at the first scene,

有目击者在案发现场见到了你

but he described your sister to a T.

但他描述出的人却是你妹妹

I-I know that you're a fraternal twin,

我知道你们是异卵双生

but with a wig, bit of a makeup,

但是戴个假发,画画妆

you bear more than a passing resemblance.

你就会很像她了

The question is, why would you want to?

问题是,你为什么要这么做

What was the point of trying to frame a woman in a coma?

为什么要伪装成一个正在昏迷的人呢

You even put on her deodorant.

你还用了她的体香剂

Master stroke, when you think about it.

仔细想想,这简直太妙了

You're insane.

你真是疯了

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/jbyyf/550976.html