英语口语课堂 13 比较(在线收听

 

Comparison 比较

A:Both Bob and carl will become somebody in the future.Don't you think so?

鲍伯和卡尔将来都了不得,你看呢?

B:Yeah.But Bob's talent can't to be named on the same day with Carl's.

不错,但是鲍伯的才智可无法与卡尔同日而语

A:But Bob is more generous and ready to help.

但是鲍伯更慷慨、更乐于助人。

B:We cannot judge a man totally by that.

我们可不能以此判断一个人。

A:Julia and Anne have both taken dance lessons.

朱莉娅和安妮都选了舞蹈课。

They want to be famous dancer,I think.

我想她们都想当有名的舞蹈家。

Yet Julia is not a patch on Anne because she's not as diligent and clever as Anne.

朱莉娅根本比不上安妮,因为她的刻苦和悟性都不如安妮A:I don't see much difference,anyway.

但是我却没看出有什么差别。

A:Who's better at chess,Bill or Fred?

谁的棋玩得更好一些,比尔还是弗雷德?

B:Botd are superb in their skills.

两个人的棋艺都不错。

Anyhow,Fred is one up on Bill from my point of view.

但是我认为弗雷德要略胜一筹。

A:You said it.

你说对了。

A:Mary sings much better than Susan,doesn't she?

玛丽比苏珊唱要好,对不对?

B:Yes.But Mary is no match for Susan in painting.

是的.但是在绘画方面玛丽不是苏珊的对手.

A:Maybe it's because Susan's parents are both painters.

也许是因为苏珊的父母都是画家的缘故吧。

A:Plastic bags are widely used nowadays.

现在人们大量使用塑料袋。

B:But they're hard to be disposed of.

但是塑料很难处理掉。

A:In this aspect,I think,pater bags have the edge on plastic bags.

我认为在这方面纸袋要比塑料袋强一点儿.

A:George speaks Japannese better than Frank.

乔治的日语比弗兰克说得好。

B:Yet in writing,George has nothing on Frank.

但是写得不如弗兰克。

A:Therefore,I hope they could help each other and learn from each other.

所以我希望他俩能命相帮助,取长补短。

A:You're going go Dresden for sightseeing?B:Yeah.And I'm going by bus.

你要去德莱斯观光吗?不错.我要坐公共汽车去.

A:I think a train journey is as fast as a bus journey.

我认为坐火车与坐汽车一样快。

B:But both my wife and I prefer taking  a bus.

可是我和我妻子都喜欢坐公共汽车。

A:Bob returned from Japan last week. You know that?

鲍伯上周从日本回来了。知道吗?

B:Yeah.I met him yesterday.

知道,我昨天遇到了他。

He's no longer the same young man as he was eight years ago.

他可不是八年前的那个年轻人了。

A:I think so,too.

我也这样认为。

A:Maria sings like a lark,doesn't she?

玛丽娅的歌儿美极了。

B:Yes,she's almost equal to Celine Dion when she sings.

是啊,差不多都比得上席琳.迪翁。

A:Maybe she'll make a famous singer in the future.

也许将来会成为一名著名的歌唱家。

B:You can bet on that.

我敢打赌她会的。

A:Yesterday I read "hamlet".Such a fantastic book!

昨天我读了《王子复仇记》.真是本好书.

B:You said it.No one can match Shakespeare in artistic talent.

你说对了,就艺术才能而言没人能与莎士比亚相比.

A:I do agree with you.

我很赞成你的观点。

A:Do you like travelling?B:Yes,I do.

你喜欢旅游吗?是的。

A:Do you usually travel by bus?

你总是坐汽车旅行吗?

B:No,by train.I think it's much safer than bus.

不,坐火车。我想火车要更安全些。

A:Mike,you're seventeen years old,right?  B:Yeah,Why?

迈克,你已经17岁了吧?是的,怎么啦?

A:You look quite mature beside your cousin who is eighteen.

和你18岁的表兄比,你显得很成熟。

B:You can bet on that.

你说对了。

A:I think my car can run much faster than yours.

我认为我的车比你的跑得快。

B:But mine equals yours in economy.  B:That's true.

但是我的和你的一样实惠。

A:I hear Fred is a very good student in your class.

听说弗雷德是你们班上非常优秀的学生。

B:Though he's not the one who can get the highest score,尽管他不是得最高成绩的人,

yet,on the whole,he is comparable to the best.

但是总体来看他却可以和班上最好的媲美。

A:What do you mean by "on the whole"?

你说的“总体”是什么意思?

B:I mean he's a stuent developing all round.

我是说他是个全面发展的学生。

A:Can you tell me some of the places you've traveled to ?

讲一讲你旅游过的地方好吗?

B:I've been to Paris,.Berlin,Alaska...

我去过巴黎、柏林、阿拉斯加......

B:But you just can't compare the former two with Alaska.

前两者可没法儿和阿拉斯加相比。

A:Who do you think is the gratest novelist in the history of English literature?

你认为英国文学史上谁是最伟大的小说家?

B:Charles Dickens.Actually no one can parallel him in writing.

狄更斯。事实上没人能在写作上和他相提并论。

A:I'm afraid I can't agree with you on that.

恐怕我不敢苟同。

I like D.H.Laurence's novels better.

我更喜欢D.H.劳伦斯的小说。

A:What kind of life do you perfer,city life or country life?

你是喜欢农村生活还是城市生活?

B:In comparison to city life,the country life is quiet and peaceful.

与城市生活相比,乡下较为宁静。

A:But it doesn't have all the modern convenience offered by the city.

但是乡下没有城市提供的现代设施。

B:Yeah,I agree.Every wall has two sides.

我同意这一点。凡事都是有利有弊。

A:What do you think of the acting of the two main actors in the film?

你觉得电影里两个主人公的扮演者的演技怎么样?

B:I consider the hero's acting is inferior to that of the heroine's.don't you agree?

我觉得男主人不如女主人公演得好.你不这样认为吗?

A:Well,I'm afraid not.I think the hero has much more to be believed in.

不。我认为男的演得相当真实。

A:If one is rich,is the happy?

一个人有钱就幸福吗?

B:I don't think so.It's impossible to equate wealth and happiness.

我不这样认为.不可能把财富和幸福划等号。

A:Could I understand what you said as:the poorest is the happiest?

我能不能理解为穷人才是最幸福的?

B:Of course not.Sometimes a poor man can be extremely miserable.

当然不能。有时穷人相当悲惨。

A:Have you any idea of the prices of ruby and diamond?

你知道红宝石和金刚石的价格吗?

B:I'm not very sure.but I know ruby is less valuable than diamond.

不太了解.但是我认为金刚石要比红宝石贵重.

A:How do you know that? B: I got is from an encyclopedia.

你怎么知道呢?从百乎全书上看来的。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/yykykt/552527.html