英语口语课堂 16 混乱与不幸(在线收听

 

Confusion and Misfortune 混乱与不幸

I'm all mixed up.

我给弄糊涂了。(较随便)

A:What do you think of his suggestion?

你觉得他的建议怎么样?

B: I'm all mixed up. A:Think about it.He meant well.

我给弄糊涂了。考虑一下吧,他是好意。

I can't think straight.

我理不清。(较随便)

A:Got any idea to it? B:I can't think straight now.

有什么主意吗?我现在理不清。

A:Take it easy.You'll find a way. B:I hope so.

别太紧张,会想到办法的。但愿如此。

...all at sixes and sevens.

......乱七八糟。(较随便)

A:As for the next step,I'm all at sixes and sevens.

至于下一步,我脑子里没有头绪。

B:Be patient.We must think it over before we take action.

耐心眯儿.我们必须考虑周全才能采取措施.

A:You're right.

你说得对。

I'm falling to pieces.

我感到乱糟糟的。(较随便)

A: Why are you so upset?

怎么那么不安?

B:I'm falling to pieces.Everything turns against me.

乱糟糟的,什么都不顺。

A:Cheer up.You can tackle it.

高兴点,你能解决的。

...have gone to the dogs.

......穷途末路了。(较随便)

A:That gang of robbers have gone to the dogs.

那群动匪已经是穷途末路了。

B:How did you know? A:I got it from the news on TV.

你怎么知道的?从电视新闻听到的。

I'm all at sea.

我是一片茫然。(较随便)

A:I'm all at sea about Professor Black's lectures.

在布莱克教授的讨论上我是一片茫然。

B:Are you?I like his lectures.

真的?我喜欢听他的讲座。

A:Can you give me some suggestions?

能给我提点建议吗?

B:Be prepared for his lectures and then you'll feel better.

课前认真准备,感觉就会好些。

Where do I go from here?

我该怎么办呢?(较随便)

A:I can't think of any way out now.Where do I go from here?

现在也想不出什么办法,我该怎么办呢?

B:Don't lose heart.Everything will be fine tomorrow. A:I hope so.

别灰心,明天一切都会好的.但愿如此.

They just killed me there.

他们使我恼火透了.(较随便)

A:What shall I do ?They just killed me there.

我该怎么办呢?他们使我恼火透了。

B:What was the matter?

怎么了?

A:They wanted to kick me out of the band.

他们想把我撵出乐队。

I'm in pretty bad shape.

我很糟!(较随便)

A:Why do you look so sad?

怎么看上去这么难过?

B:I'm in pretty bad shape.I keep forgetting things all the time.

我情况很糟糕,总忘事。

A:Why not go and see a doctor?

干嘛不去看大夫?

B:I never trust those stupid doctors.

我从不相信那些庸医。

I'm in a mess.

我是一团糟。(通用)

A:Why didn't you give him a hand ?

你怎么不帮他一把?

B:Well,I was in a mess myself at that time.

我自己当时都是一团糟,

How could I help him? A:I see.

怎么帮他呢?我明白了。

I don't know which way to turn.

我不知道该怎么办。(通用)

A:What shall we do next?

下一步该怎么办呢?

B:I don't know which way to return.

何去何从我也不知道。

A:Then we'd better turn to Uncle John for help. B: All right.

那么我们最好找约翰大叔帮忙。好吧。

What shall I do now?

我该怎么办呢?(通用)

A:What's the matter with you?

怎么了?

B:I've lost my wallet.What shall I do?

钱包给丢了,我该怎么办呢?

A:Take it easy.Let's look for it together.

别急,我们一起找吧。

B:It's very considerate of you.

你真体谅人。

I'm confused by ...

我给......弄糊涂了。(通用)

A:I'm confused by what he said just now. B:Why?

我被他说的话给弄糊涂了。为什么?

A:I don't know what he wants to do.

我不知道他想干什么,

Does he want to help me or just scold me?

是想帮我还是想训我。

I'm all at a lose.

我真是迷惑不解。(通用)

A:Why are you fixed here?

你钉在这儿干什么?

A:I'm all at a loss.I don't know what I should do to his invitation.

我迷惑不解,不知道怎么处理他的邀请。

A:You might as well accept it and see what his real intention is.

不妨接受,看看他的真正意图。

Today is not my day .

今天真倒霉。(通用)

A:Today is not my day. B:What happened?

今天真倒霉。怎么了?

A:I'm meeting people I dislike all the time.

总是看见些不喜欢的人。

B:Well,such things do happen.

这种事还真有。

I can't stand all this.

我受不了了!

A:I just can't stand all this. B:What happened?

我受不了了!怎么了?

A:I lost all my investment in the business.

生意中的投资全亏了。

And I couldn't get any compensation.

还得不到任何补偿。

B:What bad luck!

运气真够糟的。

It's the end of the world for me.

对我来说真是世界末日啊!(较正式)

A:It's the end of the world for me. B:What makes you say that?

对我来说简直是世界末日!怎么说出这种话?

A:Today I'm told I've falled three courses. B:Oh,that's too bad!

今天有人告诉我三科不及格.呀,那可太糟糕了.

That was the last straw.

我再也忍受不了了!(较正式)

A:She just went too far. That was the last straw.

她太过分了!我可忍受不了.

B:Why do you say that?what did your girlfriend do to you?

怎么那么说呢?你女朋友怎么了?

a:She betrayed me and went with another guy.

她背叛了我,爱上了别人。

B:Maybe you misunderstood each other.

也许你们之间有误会吧。

I'm on my last legs.

我是山穷水尽了。(较正式)

A:God help me!I'm on my last legs. B:What is it?

我的天!我真是穷途末路了.怎么回事?

A:I lost all my money in gambling and my wife left me.

赌博把钱输光了,老婆也离开了我。

B:You deserve it!

你活该!

The situation has gone from bad to worse.

形势每况愈下.(较正式)

A:It's too bad.The situation has gone from bad to worse.

真糟糕!形势每况愈下了。

B:What's wrong?

出了什么事?

A:The other party withdrew all their investment from the joint venture.

对方从合资公司中抽走了投资。

B:Cheer up.I think we can sue them.

振作起来,我想我们可以起诉他们.

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/yykykt/552530.html