英语口语课堂 24 失望与绝望(在线收听

Disappointment and Dismay 失望与绝望

Expressing Disappointment

表达失望

That's a shame.

真遗憾!

A:That's a shame.Our basket-ball team lost yesterday's match.

A:我们的篮球队在昨天的比赛中输了,真遗憾!

B:Oh,come on.You can't always win.

B:想开点儿,你们不可能总赢呀

A:I hope the rest of our players will think so,too.

A:别的队员也这样想就好了.

Just our luck to...

真倒霉!

A:Just our luch to have lost the key.

A:钥匙丢了,真倒霉!

B:You should have been careful.

B:你本该注意点儿.

A:It's too bad because this is the only key I have.

A:更糟的是我只有这一把钥匙.

Pity,really...

真可惜!

A:Pity,really,we have to cancel our party

A:我们不得不取消晚会,可是真是太遗憾!

.B:Why?

A:Because Julian,the singer we invited was ill.We have no other choiceB:为什么?

A:因为我们邀请的歌手朱利安病了.我们别无选择

That's a real let-down.

真叫人失望!

A:I was told my friend Joe was speaking ill of me.That's a real let-downA:有人告诉我说我的朋友乔说我的坏话.这可真令我失望B:I don't think Joe will do such a thing.

B:我认为乔不会干这种事.

A:But he did and it made me mad.

A:可是他确实说了.这真令我气愤

Oh,no!

糟了!

A:Oh,no!My wallet is missing.

A:糟了!我的钱包没了!

B:Where did you put it?

B:你放在哪儿了?

A:In my handbadg.But now it's gone.

A:放到我的手袋里,可现在不见了.

B:Try to search your pockets.

B:翻一翻你的口袋,

Maybe you've put it there.

也许放在衣袋里了.

.It's too bad that...

...真糟糕!

A:It's too bad that the supermarket has closed.

A:超市关门了,真糟糕!

I want to buy a birthday cake for my son.

我想给儿子买个生日蛋糕.

B:You can try the shops round the corner.They sell very good cakesB:看看拐角处的商店,那里卖的蛋糕很好.

A:Really?Thank you very much for telling me.

A:真的吗?谢谢我告诉我.

It's a great pity......

真令人遗憾

A:It's a great pity he left suddenly.

A:他突然走了,真令人遗憾.

B:Yeah,it's very embarrassing.

B:是啊,真让人感到为难.

A:It really is.He has lost a good chance to understand others.

.A:是啊,他失去了一次了解他人的好机会.

How very disappointing!

真令人失望!

A:How very disappointing!We were just beginning the match when it rainedA:真令人失望!我们刚刚开始比赛就下起雨来

And we had to take all the banners back to the classroom.

我们只好把所有的旗子拿回教室去.

.B:Next time we'd better listen carefully to the weather report.

B:下次我们最好注意听一下天气预报.

I am rather disappointed at...

我真感到失望......

A:Why do you look unhappy?

A:你怎么看起来不高兴?

B:I'm rather disappointed at not being able to see my best friend offB:没能给我最好的朋友送行我太遗憾了.

A:Oh,cheer up!He'll understand you.

A:别那么闷闷不乐的啦,他会理解你的.

B:I hope so.

B:希望如此.

I'd expected to be much better.

我原指望会好得多.

A:I'm very disappointed at the new house.I expected it to be much betterA:我对新房很失望,我原指望会好得多.

B:You can't say that,Rose.I think it's much better than mine.

B:罗斯,别这么说了.比我的好多了.

But it's still not what I want

A:可还不对我的心愿.

I'm sorry to hear about...

听说......我感到很遗憾.

A:John,I'm sorry to hear about your mother's illness.

A:约翰,听说你母亲病了我真难过.

B:It was so unexpected.She was in great health last week.

B:真没想到,她上星期身体还蛮好的.

A:Don't worry.Everything will be fine.

A:别担心,会好的.

To someone's disappointment...

使......失望的是......

A:To my great disappointment,my brother failed again in his mathA:我弟弟的数学考试不及格,可真令我失望.

B:But he has promised to work harder from now on.

B:可他发誓从今以后要努力的.

A:He hs promised like that many times.

A:这亲的发誓已经有好多次了.

Expressing Dismay

表达沮丧

I could kick myself,really.

我真恨死我自己了

A:I could kick myself,really.

.A:我真恨死我自己了.

B:What happened?

B:发生了什么事?

A:I made a fool of myself during the class meeting.

A:在班会上我出了洋相.

.B:Oh,cheer up!Nobody will laugh at you.

B:哎呀,振作一点,没人会嘲笑你的

Today just isn't my day.

今天真是不顺.

A:Today just isn't my day.

A:今天真是不顺.

B:Why do you say that?

B:你何出此言?

A:My car hit an old woman in the morning.

A:我的车上午撞了一个老太太,

and I had to stay at the police station all afternoon answering questions整个下午我都呆在警察局受审.

B:Oh,that's bad!

B:是吗?这可真糟糕.

What luck!

真倒霉!

A:What luck!We've run out of gas.

A:真倒霉!汽油用光了.

B:Then we'll have to get off and run to our officeB:那我们得下车跑到办公室去,

because the boss may have already been there.

老板可能早到了.

A:Ok.Let's go.

A:好吧.走!

Things always go wrong!

老是出差错!

.A:Look at the painting.It's ruined again.

A:看看这幅画,又毁了.

B:Things always go wrong these days,honey.

B:最近老是出错了,宝贝.

And you'll have to start all over again.

你又得重画了.

A:I wish I never took up painting

A:真希望当初不选择绘画这一行.

I've got a lot on my mind.

.我的心情很沉重.

A:I've got a lot on my mind.My best friend passed away yesterdayA:我的心情很沉重.我的一个好朋友去世了.

B:Oh,I'm very sorry to hear that.Take care of yourself.

B:听到这我很难过.你要好好保重.

A:Thank you.

A:谢谢.

Why are you feeling depressed?

干嘛那沮丧?

A:Why are you feeling depressed,David?

A:戴维,干嘛那么沮丧?

B:I've just parted with my girl friend.

B:我刚刚与女朋友分手.

A:Oh,cheer up.A girlfriend is not everything

A:别那么垂头丧气,女朋友并不等于一切.

B:But I just can't forget her.

.B:可我就是忘不了她.

Oh,God!I just don't know what to do.

天呐!我真不知道怎么办?

A:Oh,God!I just don't know what to do.The boss fired me.

A:老板把我开除了,我真不知道如何是好.

B:Why did he do that?

B:他为什么要开除你?

A:Because he saw me sleeping at work.But I was too tired,you knowA:因为工作时我睡着了.可是你知道吗,我太累了.

B:Well,I think you can find a better job for yourself.

B:我想你可以找份更好的工作.

I feel such an idiot!

我感到自己像个傻瓜!

A:I feel such an idiot!

.A:我觉得自己像个傻瓜!

B:Why do you say so?

B:你何出此言?

A:I told the teacher the truth

A:我告诉老师真相

that I hadn't done my homework only because I went out with my girlfriend.

我没有完成作业是因为我和女友一块出去了

B:You shouldn't have done that.

B:那可是你的不是.

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/yykykt/552538.html